Fuel Pressure Sensor Recall?

ludwig

Ludwig > JonCowlings car has a Revo stage 1 remapped ECU chip. If a dealer reflashes the ECU this over writes the remap coding effectively taking the car back to standard performance again. If the VW dealer reflashes the ECU I guess it would require Joncowling to then take his car back to his performance tuner to have the ECU chip remapped again.

It's just a bit inconvenient if this happens!

Hope this helps +++

Drivers (Glasgow) would re-load the Revo software should the dealer flash the ECU +++

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update those that are interested.

The dealer contacted me on Thursday, 31 July to say the part on back order is now in stock.

You may recall that they ordered it on 2 July.

They want to have the car for 3 hours to replace the part!

What are they going to do in that time -take the car to bits???

I can't afford the time and hassle to do that so I've told them I'm going to leave it to the next service.

ludwig

they shouldn't but if they have your car in and its software according to their records isn't up to date they might...

....You took the words right out of my mouth! Depending on the dealer I would say they would definitely update the ECU if on the records. Mine would! But mine would also tell me.

I called to book a service today and the guy on the phone happened to recognise my reg and said "oh that's a coincidence, I've just sent out a letter to you about a recall on your vehicle".

Incidentally my emissions warning light has been on and off for months, so I wonder if this is connected? I've never felt any difference with the car in all that time, or had any problems and had put it down to my Milteks.

Mine is an 06 with a BWA engine....

Definately not for this recall, however there was a software update earlier last year that will, if yours hasn't had this then they will, I can check your car on monday if you like?

Are you referring to the 24k6 update, Matt? If so, car's already had it. +++

Thanks for the offer, though.