Xenon retrofit help needed please

akash84

Hi guys,

here are electrical schemes of "our problem":) (I've passed...:roflmao:)

Kufatec set allows us to connect bixenon headlights without unnecesary work with connectors mounting.

From each lamp there are two extra wires.

First- from long beam solenoid

Second-from day driving lamp.

You take them into cabin, remove cover under steering wheel and if you'll lay on the floor - you will see black flat box with three connectors. This box is called "bordnetz". You put that wires to connector A and C (see pdf file!). And if you have bordnetz which is "able of xenon presence in the car" - you take vag com and recode 09 module.

You must know that NOT ALL bordnetzs are able to do this. Espiecially if you got 4F0 907 279B - you will not be able to force bordnetz to accept xenons (no long beam and no day driving lights). 4F0 907 279 without "B" should be OK.

So, after that you will have bixenons with long beam, with day driving lights and with no errors on fis.

Of course there will be no auto levelling and no washer system (required by law - the same in Poland).

On pdf - there's electrical scheme of auto levelling system. Its not easy, but also not so difficoult to do.

Will not tell you what's my job, but believe me - if I did it by myself - EVERYONE will do this... ;)

For the end:

Just've bought bixenons with AFS and new J431 module for AFS - on wednesday I'll should have 3 free hours. And if the weather will be fine - I will have A6 with AFS lights... :grin:

There's no magic with this. Just think and u will manage it.

Regards

_Mross

bixenon.pdf

post-28430-137914434381_thumb.jpg

post-28430-137914434385_thumb.jpg

Hi Mross, thanks for the details above, I'll get someone with VAGCOM (don't have it myself) to run a full scan on it this week and get the Bordnetz version... knowing my luck it'll have a B .. is there a complete list anywhere of versions are / arent compatible?

I think my main worry is how to run the cables from the lights to the inside of the cabin, I was hoping it could be done with a little pin-adaptation at the light end to use the current wire that carries the voltage for main-beam on the halogens to operate the shutter on the bi-xenon but obviously not :P

For the auto-levelling, if I was to add this in the future, I'd need to run yet more cables from the lights to the cabin, yes? and these aren't on the Kufatec adapter I assume. Also running the cables to the sensors on the suspension is quite difficult, no?

Good luck with the AFS retrofit :)

Another idea came to me when looking at how others have done HID retrofits in various cars; the Kufatec harness has a cable which is ran to the "bordnetz" unit to control the shutter ... what's to stop the shutter solenoid being controlled from the existing +12v feed for the high-beam lights ?

I've not had a chance to look at the solenoid in detail yet but if it's a 3-wire solenoid then something like Bixenon Headlight Projector Solenoid Controller might work?

The "old" (pre 2006) Audi A6 bi-xenon headlamps used the +12v to operate the solenoid... surely this would be simpler than the Kufatec method (although if it works why wouldnt they have thought of it ?)

... what's to stop the shutter solenoid being controlled from the existing +12v feed for the high-beam lights ?

- Errors displayed on FIS and beep sounds ... ;)

- No possibility for bordnetz recoding (for xenon) ;)

... however, in fact you will have high beam lights then... :roflmao:

Without self-leveling mounted but with bordnetz corect coded you will get no errors (no errors of damaged lamps).

If you decide to register J431 module (self-leveling) you will have to do all proper wiring. If you don't - you will have errors from self-leveling (or AFS) then.

I've had a look and I can get the self-levelling parts quite cheaply, they don't look easy to install though - also I can't find the wiring loom as a single part (other than through Kufatec) .. don't suppose you know the Audi Part Number for this? or is it normally part of the headlamp loom which would require me to replace all the existing cables ?

Will find out tonight if my bordnetz is the right version :/

Well, u can't get "stand alone" wiring for self-leveling system as I know...

But: there are two three wires cables needed from sensors (exles) to J431 module. (plus two connectors for sensors of course - 2x1.5Euro).

J431 module needs special connector (3 Euro as I remember - from Audi service). From it 2 wires to can low and can high, two wires to power (+ and -), and 8 wires to lamps (4 to each). (plus that 6 from sensors).

Cables are easy to bulid. As easy as I don't say what ;), but we all know what...

Sensors on axles are quite aesy to install. Rear requires using some power to install :cool:, but it is not bad. Front - it depends on kind of engine suspension - 5 or 10 minutes ... :)

I've still not been able to check my bordnetz version... Turns out the only person I know with vag-com has an old cable, not the hex+can one.

Will be next month before I ever get this done I think... if the lights are connected without the extra wire to the bordnetz do they work (just without full beam) ? I'm asking only because if it takes longer than expected (or if I need someone else's help) I'm happy to live with just dipped beam light for a day or so, but ending up with no headlights at all wouldnt be ideal ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Got these installed, and working, but not the DRLs ... as I was unable to easily tell which connector was B and which was C but the Kufatec harness works well and enables the full beam, running the cables discreetly is a bit trickier, it doesnt look quite as OEM as I'd have liked it to sadly but not bad.

The headlamp isnt lined up with the bumper property, there's quite a gap, but having had great difficulty getting the bumper back on i've not had any inclination to fix it yet... will probably take it to a garage and get them to fix it for me instead tbh... i'm sure they can do in 40 mins what it'd take me several hours to do.

• 1 year later...

Greetings from Bulgaria. I want also the headlight retrofit installed :). I bought two bi-xenon headlights from ebay..... and I have a question about the motors for adjusting. I can put motors from halogen headlight to the bi-xenon headlight, does someone of you think that it will helps to adjust the headlight without auto-leveling system?

Hi,

I have a 2007 allroad 3.0 TDI auto with the zenon visibility upgrade fitted from new. The full zenon with self-levelling works perfect and I am going to germany touring in June.

Could anyone tell me please if I can change the direction of my lights for continental driving? My A3 had wire levers inside the lamps to change over.

Thanks,

DaveP

Edit: I have seen this post but not sure it means my lights. http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a6-s6-a7-s7/109750-xenon-headlight-adjustment-europe-first-post.html. END.

Edited by dave3dg

Does anyone knows if I do proper wiring I can still use old motors from halogen headlight which are put in bi-xenon headlights?

I am quite sure that E102 ( manual adjuster leveler ) has permament + and ground and can control the motors even you set bi-xenon in bordnetz.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have a 2007 allroad 3.0 TDI auto with the zenon visibility upgrade fitted from new. The full zenon with self-levelling works perfect and I am going to germany touring in June.

Could anyone tell me please if I can change the direction of my lights for continental driving? My A3 had wire levers inside the lamps to change over.

Thanks,

DaveP

Edit: I have seen this post but not sure it means my lights. http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a6-s6-a7-s7/109750-xenon-headlight-adjustment-europe-first-post.html. END.

I am thankfull I am not totally dependant on your help in this matter!!! Absolute rubbish is my reply.