Any news on the MkVI GTI?

Muppetboy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mk6 golf shown at the motorshow on 2nd october this year is what i was told.

"Well i can only speak presuming that VW will follow its usual marketing pattern."

What usual pattern! As theres not one were the GTI is concerned lol, wink.

Edited by Snoopy

News on the new MKVI Golf GTi

1. The model will demote the MkV GTi to the position of second fastest car in the world

2. As soon as the first one is purchased, owners will claim it holds its value better than any other car in the world

3. MkV owners moving to a MkVI will immediately forget all the incredible things they wrote about their former car and it'll become the biggest pile of crap ever made

4. Reports of MkVI's being worth twice their sale price will come in within 6 months

5. Instead of beating an Aston Martin DB9 in a rolling race on a public road, the MarkVI will shortly be reported to have beaten a Bugatti Veyron on a sliproad joining the M1. Understandably, the claim will have a celebrity name as the driver of the Veyron.

6. Within a month, Casio digital watch timings of -1.2 seconds for the 0-62 time will be published on the internet and deemed as wholly accurate

7. Everything ever written in criticism on the MkV will all of a sudden be given credence, by MkVI owners.

8. Carbon fibre bonnets, wing mirrors and special grey weave tyres will be standard.

9. C0cklamp LED's will be available in multi-colours and be programmable with a strobe effect. Pink will cost more.

Finally

10. Every single person who buys a MkVI and puts their MkV in part exchange for it will claim to have got a fantastic price for their car and it will be clear VW are selling the MkVI's at a loss. No-one will get less than £20,000 for their MkV.

That's everything you'll ever need to know. :)

1. The model will demote the MkV GTi to the position of second fastest car in the world...

...10. Every single person who buys a MkVI and puts their MkV in part exchange for it will claim to have got a fantastic price for their car and it will be clear VW are selling the MkVI's at a loss. No-one will get less than £20,000 for their MkV.

MrMe, you cock :grin:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

1. The model will demote the MkV GTi to the position of second fastest car in the world

2. As soon as the first one is purchased, owners will claim it holds its value better than any other car in the world

3. MkV owners moving to a MkVI will immediately forget all the incredible things they wrote about their former car and it'll become the biggest pile of crap ever made

4. Reports of MkVI's being worth twice their sale price will come in within 6 months

5. Instead of beating an Aston Martin DB9 in a rolling race on a public road, the MarkVI will shortly be reported to have beaten a Bugatti Veyron on a sliproad joining the M1. Understandably, the claim will have a celebrity name as the driver of the Veyron.

6. Within a month, Casio digital watch timings of -1.2 seconds for the 0-62 time will be published on the internet and deemed as wholly accurate

7. Everything ever written in criticism on the MkV will all of a sudden be given credence, by MkVI owners.

8. Carbon fibre bonnets, wing mirrors and special grey weave tyres will be standard.

9. C0cklamp LED's will be available in multi-colours and be programmable with a strobe effect. Pink will cost more.

Finally

10. Every single person who buys a MkVI and puts their MkV in part exchange for it will claim to have got a fantastic price for their car and it will be clear VW are selling the MkVI's at a loss. No-one will get less than £20,000 for their MkV.

11. All the above is true because them saying all that drivel are all ex BMW drivers who have moved to the VW GTI mk5 from many years of BMW ownership and so all talk like complete #####

Edited by Snoopy

Finally

Funny Stuff - Loved it - and probably true.

I think you are wrong.

i think you'll find that as soon as the MKVI i released all the MKV owners will say they hate it, doesn't fit in with the pedigree, VW have got it all wrong and people will be saying things like "I'm keeping my MKV forever" and "the resale values of MKV's will go up because the replacement is cr@p"

...and then one or two owners will stop by the dealer, just out of interest you understand take a test drive because it would be rude not to and suddenly leave the showroom with a shiny new MKVI as if they had been brainwashed. From that moment on there will be a queue of MKV's outside dealers begging for a new MKVI at any cost +++

It's happened everytime the Golf GTI has been updated apart from possibly going from the MK2 to MK3 as the MK3 really was cr@p :ffs:

Mark my words..........

I think you are wrong.

i think you'll find that as soon as the MKVI i released all the MKV owners will say they hate it, doesn't fit in with the pedigree, VW have got it all wrong and people will be saying things like "I'm keeping my MKV forever" and "the resale values of MKV's will go up because the replacement is cr@p"

...and then one or two owners will stop by the dealer, just out of interest you understand take a test drive because it would be rude not to and suddenly leave the showroom with a shiny new MKVI as if they had been brainwashed. From that moment on there will be a queue of MKV's outside dealers begging for a new MKVI at any cost +++

It's happened everytime the Golf GTI has been updated apart from possibly going from the MK2 to MK3 as the MK3 really was cr@p :ffs:

Mark my words..........

....I soooo hope you're wrong!

I've been saying I'll keep mine forever since I first got her. I'm on particularly good terms with my VW dealer and friends with a couple of people who work there, so I'm guaranteed to be offered a test drive of the Mk6 (and probably the new Scirocco next month!) - HELP!!!!

I think that people, including possibly me, will be trying to convince themselves they don't like the Mk6 just to stop themselves wanting one.

The great thing about a Golf GTI is that most Mk's are classics in their own right, so keeping one is still having a special car. After all my modding I really hope I don't want a Mk6!!

I'm the same Robin but i'm helped that i love my R32 and in the current climate i would lose far too much money to change therefore it's time to be happy with what you have.

I'm just hoping they don't release a Scirocco with the same spec as Audi TTS, ie. 4WD and 270+ bhp. as i don't think I would be able to stop myself:ffs:

I've been saying I'll keep mine forever since I first got her.

Yeah but come on Robin, there are only 2 original components left on it and no-one would want it.:roflmao:

CupraBob has a good point. The average (read 'average') Mark V owner will hate the Mark VI. Until they buy one.

....I soooo hope you're wrong!

I've been saying I'll keep mine forever since I first got her.

Our mk5 will be staying with us for a long time, many many years. At the moment i have to try and fight for the keys in the morning lol. Its one of the reasons im looking at maybe a mk6 or scirroco as our other car for me to travel to work and enjoy i hope as much as the mk5.

Cuprabob

Is correct in what he says i have seen it with every mark and series of the GTI to date and it is quite the way owners of the previous model react.

Edited by Snoopy

Heres a Q for Robin and maybe others.

I have not had time too look due to work but do you know if the scirocco has the NEW mk6 rear suspension or the old mk5's?

(I know thy are suppose to be very similar but with a couple of modifications for easier assembly in production)

Heres a photo of it.

046__scaled_600.jpg

Heres a Q for Robin and maybe others.

I have not had time too look due to work but do you know if the scirocco has the NEW mk6 rear suspension or the old mk5's?

(I know thy are suppose to be very similar but with a couple of modifications for easier assembly in production)

Heres a photo of it.

046__scaled_600.jpg

....You flatter me, Geoff - I don't know the definitive answer to that question. But I think I've read somewhere (not in the likes of AutoExpiss) that the suspension is new and different.

I haven't taken too much interest because although I'm looking forward to test driving the Scirocco, I have no intention of buying one.