Muppetboy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autoexpress have just published some renderings of the R20:

Ultimate Golf’s ready to turn up the heat | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Now that I like. Performance, looks and cost are all there, athough I can't get my head around the lack of deep honeycomb grill - very unsure about the shallow lack of presence front end, but I guess it will grow on me.

So the R20 will do 0-60 in 5 seconds and it will sell for £25k? My a*se!

And why will the 5 doors cost 2 grand more than the 3 door when on the MkV GTI the 5 door only cost 500 quid more :confused:

Imagine how tunable the R20 would be... :grin::cool:

It's a bit of a BOBFOC and I am struggling to see it live up to the 0-60 in 5 seconds claim to be honest!

It also says this is over one and a half seconds quicker than the MkV R32 - I thought that did the sprint in 5.8? According to Evo it does anyway.

Certainly would be very tuneable and more of a direct head to head with the scoob and evo if the figures are true.

I like the look of the R20T. I think it will sell in much greater numbers than the R32 did due to the smaller engine capacity / perceived fuel economy. If it comes with 4 Motion then I think it will hurt Subaru & Audi S3 sales ;)

Whilst I appreciate those are artist impressions / photochop pics, if those wheels come to fruition they look like they also have the diamond cut & lacquered faces...Hmmm

I'm not sure about the air ducts at the back, looks like a rs focus after thought. But It will be my next chariot if it is blessed with 4 motion. I don't think it will be though, especially if it weighs the same as a gti. they might just use a lsd like the focus.We will have to wait and see. I hope I can get a good import deal like I did with my 3 year old gti.

• 4 weeks later...

Grief!

Just did a quick spec (rough guessing my German): A 5 door car with leather, Xenons, 18s, 510 with soundpack, metallic paint and the media USB thing comes to 32980 Euros.

That £30300 at the current exchange rate.

I seriously thinking that I'll be going for a 1 year old 2nd hand 335i touring with loads of bells and whistles for around about (if not less than) that.