Spec and build week thread....

BLOCK

I was in my dealers yesterday and the computer was showing estimated build week for my car as week 44 which is mid november. i was not expecting to have to wait almost 20 weeks for my new scirocco especially when i was second on the list. anyhow my spec is as below, has anybody else ordered anything similar and had the same problem? whats causing the delay? the 3rd car on my dealers list is showing week 35 wtf!

Candy white

manual

bi-xenons

truffle leather

reverse parking

dynaudio

folding mirrors

mats

Week 44

Beware of Internet sales and the warranty applied to cars sold! Many of these cars are imported therefore will only have 2 years warrant as opposed to 3 from a VW dealer! The Scirocco offered for 19k is an import as NO VW dealer in the UK will offer a discount when the car is forst launched!

Also the warranty on an import starts when the selling company buy the car, even though you will be 1st owner if they've had the car 6months(4example) you will only get 18 months warranty!

In answer to the build week, Scirocco production doesnt start til September! There's a good chance that build week 44 will come forward! And advice to anyone in the market......buy/order one thats already in the system it will be built quicker than something you're ordering from new!

I disagree myself because as i said in my last previous post when the MK5 golf GTI first came out a few friends of mine got far more than the offer on the scirroco on page 1 and there cars were delivered by UK franchised dealers with full uk warrenty and dealer support they all used a company back then called drivethedeal to supply there cars though not broadspeed but broadspeed is also a well established well known company.

But its always worth checking the small print on any orders.

Edited by Snoopy

What you say is right Snoopy, some cars are UK dealer supplied with full warranty, others however are imports. Small print on order forms dont always state this! But to be sure its best to check!

Good luck to anyone who can get the best deal, but working for VW as i do, there won't be any discount from a dealer when its first launched!

I've seen discounted prices on Coast2Coast cars and autoebid.com. I'm seriously tempted by the Scirocco, but need to know whether it will deliver the same thrills as my 330i and RX8 did. Anyone know when dealers will have cars in to test drive? VW seem to be doing things very slowly!

I've seen discounted prices on Coast2Coast cars and autoebid.com. I'm seriously tempted by the Scirocco, but need to know whether it will deliver the same thrills as my 330i and RX8 did. Anyone know when dealers will have cars in to test drive? VW seem to be doing things very slowly!

My local dealer in Weston-super-Mare stated they will start doing the test drives in September.

Internet companies always offer discount but doesn't mean they can supply, they may take a deposit then inform you they cannot supply at the price quoted....AUTOEBID will always supply a UK car as once the order is taken they fax dealers asking for the supply at discounted price...if no dealer will supply then you won't get one from them!

As for test drives, the launch is in september so test drives should be available in september!

The thrills of a 3301 and an RX8 will be slighlty different as the Scirocco is front wheel drive, but launch model is 200bhp 2.0 turbo so will be a quick car and if it handles like its promised the thrills will be better!

Internet companies always offer discount but doesn't mean they can supply, they may take a deposit then inform you they cannot supply at the price quoted....AUTOEBID will always supply a UK car as once the order is taken they fax dealers asking for the supply at discounted price...if no dealer will supply then you won't get one from them!

As for test drives, the launch is in september so test drives should be available in september!

The thrills of a 3301 and an RX8 will be slighlty different as the Scirocco is front wheel drive, but launch model is 200bhp 2.0 turbo so will be a quick car and if it handles like its promised the thrills will be better!

I understand what you're saying with regard to internet companies, but I had no problem pre-ordering an RX8 from such a company in the past and there was quite a waiting list at the time. As regards discounts I've always managed to negotiate something reasonable on newly launched cars: BMW, Audi, Mazda, Toyota, Honda and others. If VW dealers won't play ball, then I'll simply walk and spend my hard earned elsewhere. Let's not forget that it's a bit of a buyer's market at the moment. My local BM dealership, for example, are busy trying to convince me to buy a heavily discounted brand new M3. Tempting, but for all the wrong reasons! :)

Hope you're right about thrills! +++

If anyone is interested in jumping the queue. I currently have on order the following spec for build week 33 (Sept 22nd):

2.0 TSI Scirocco with DSG

Pearl Black Metallic Paint

Carpet Mats

Electric Drivers Seat

Truffle Leather Seats

Cruise Control

Rear Parking Sensors

DVD Nav + Dynaudio Speakers

Flat Tyre Indicator

Electronic Folding Door Mirrors

Winter Pack

I'm looking to recover my £500 pounds deposite only!

Hi - just found this forum so this is my first post!

This is the latest from my dealer.

Quote: Another update for you. Rather surprisingly your order has been scheduled into build week 34, that’s week beginning the 18th August. If it is confirmed into this week that might mean delivery a few weeks earlier than we expected; very possibly late September/early October? I must emphasize that the scheduled week could change but, I will monitor it and keep you posted. Unquote.

I'm getting a DSG, Pearl Black, tan leather, sunroof, cruise, rear parking sensors, driver's electric seat, Dynaudio pack and the tyre sensor. Just under 26K so it is not cheap but on a par with a Golf GTI with the same options. Shame the 19' alloys are not part of the UK spec at the moment.

I have seen the car in the flesh - I was lucky to be part of the "What Car" Reader Test Team seeing the car at VW HQ on 28 March - very nice up close, and since then the reviews in the motoring press have been generally very good.

Looking forward to it now +++ - since the weather this summer has been so pants where I am it might be sunny and dry in October :P

BW

Hi - just found this forum so this is my first post!

This is the latest from my dealer.

Quote: Another update for you. Rather surprisingly your order has been scheduled into build week 34, that’s week beginning the 18th August. If it is confirmed into this week that might mean delivery a few weeks earlier than we expected; very possibly late September/early October? I must emphasize that the scheduled week could change but, I will monitor it and keep you posted. Unquote.

I'm getting a DSG, Pearl Black, tan leather, sunroof, cruise, rear parking sensors, driver's electric seat, Dynaudio pack and the tyre sensor. Just under 26K so it is not cheap but on a par with a Golf GTI with the same options. Shame the 19' alloys are not part of the UK spec at the moment.

I have seen the car in the flesh - I was lucky to be part of the "What Car" Reader Test Team seeing the car at VW HQ on 28 March - very nice up close, and since then the reviews in the motoring press have been generally very good.

Looking forward to it now +++ - since the weather this summer has been so pants where I am it might be sunny and dry in October :P

BW

Thats good news can I ask what number were you to put your deposit down and order? I just wondered as I am number 3 and trying to get an idea of when mine might come.

Cheers.

jcuthell

I know I was the first to enquire at my local dealer and I think I was the first to actually order but not sure as I was away and did it all by email - I had already paid them a 500 quid deposit in late March to reserve the right to order from within the first batch they were allocated (as I knew I would be away during this timeframe) and this happened on 26 June. Dealer hasnt told me what number I am but then I havent actually asked. He did bin the dealer order for a showroom model and put my order in instead (good bloke +++) - So my order was in the system pretty quickly. Hope this helps - your dealer should give you a build week then just add 5-6 weeks to this date and that should be your delivery date.

cheers

BW