Numb hands after riding

danksy

I used my bike for a commute to a fairly remote site, rather than taking the hearse +++ So today i did a 120 mile round trip on the bike.

After coming back I noticed my hands had a kind of pins and needles sensation running through them! :eek:

The bike felt fine, but was probably ridden a lot faster than I would normally ride for the final 10 miles or so home, on motorways.

Does anyone have any suggestions or suffer the same sensation +++

I get this a well when I come off my Gixxer after riding it for an hour or so.

I aways put it down to the small vibrations coming through the bars.

I don't know if there is anything you can do to prevent it, worse for me if I'm dawdling around town, less so if I'm riding it like God intended +++

I'm sure any of the above with Kelly Brook wuld help though

Try not to put too much weight on the the bars as it puts more strain on your wrists/hands. Also I have heard that adding heavier bar end weights can reduce vibration. In my experience some bikes just vibrate more than others for reasons we cant really do much about!

I know it sounds stupid but what about the padding of your gloves - some race gloves have next to no padding for more feel so you may want to consider a pair or "touring" gloves for long commutes esp as will be (more) waterproof ?

I know it sounds stupid but what about the padding of your gloves - some race gloves have next to no padding for more feel so you may want to consider a pair or "touring" gloves for long commutes esp as will be (more) waterproof ?

I was gonna say are y'gloves getting tight?

• 1 month later...
Agreed - just loosten your grip a bit - you don't need to grip like your hanging on most of the time. Always helps for me anyway.

+1, use your knees to grip the tank and your stomach muscles :oto hold your weight, you should have very little weight on your wrists, make sure too that your elbows are bent and not straight

SLT-L-153-PB.jpg

Foam grips take some of the vibration out, you could also (if they adjust) turn the handlebars up 25 degs or so thus taking some of the weight and presure off you hands.

Use to have either ace bars, flats or clip on's on my bikes- all push your weight on to your hands and wrists- you will get used to it, but the sponge type grips will ease it 50% +++

SLT-L-153-PB.jpg

Use to have either ace bars, flats or clip on's on my bikes- all push your weight on to your hands and wrists- you will get used to it, but the sponge type grips will ease it 50% +++

I remember the Ace clockprotectors on our LCs they used to be a savage angle compared to the std bars...