Vandalism: Removing paint

Sponge

I've just been told that my Aunt's car has been vandalised. Someone has written on the rear of her Rover 200 with what appears to be gloss paint. I haven't seen it myself, so I'm not sure how bad it is. Any advice on how to remove the paint?

He Spounge,

Sorry to hear about that. Most likely a decent clay should remove that, you will want to look at something up the scale like Meguiars Mild or Aggresive, you cannot but this in the shop. You can use it to remove overspray from repairs.

I might also tackle the paint with a solvent on an MF cloth, something AG tar remover has worked really well at removing some road marking paint.

Just dont push to hard with aggresive clays, they can cause mirco marring.

Geoff

It seems a few of my Aunt's neighbours had their property vandalised too. As well as the community centre opposite, which had graffiti plastered all over it, a name (tag) apparently. My Aunty also found the tin of paint they used, at the rear of her house. Despite all of this, the Police were not the slightest bit interested.

Seems to be a European problem, police being only interested in writing speeding tickets...:rolleyes:

Re the paint: a paint cleaner and/or scratch remover like Poorboy's SSR might work (dependent on size and age of the stains). Otherwise, very carefully with a paint thinner, strange as that may sound, it does work.

Good luck...