Best/cheapest place to buy tyres on-line?

JonC

Do only GTI's have tyres, or would this've been more suited to general motoring where it's been asked many times before?

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Seeing as I drive a GTi, I thought I would ask fellow GTi drivers where they buy there tyres on line. I know what tyres I want, its the suppliers I was looking for.

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Seeing as I drive a GTi, I thought I would ask fellow GTi drivers where they buy there tyres on line. I know what tyres I want, its the suppliers I was looking for.

But my point was that regardless of what car you drive, they all have tyres, and asking a question like "Where's the best place to buy tyres?" in the GTI forum will undoubtedly limit your prospective answers to people who drive GTI's. Had it been posted in the General Motoring forum, then no doubt someone would've pointed out that Tyresmoke have a discount scheme in operation with Black Circles, or many other such gems.

However, if the fact that you drive a GTI means that you can only converse with like minded drivers then I'll close the door on the way out....+++

Do you feel that left out? I've hardly committed a TSN crime now have I? I was merely trying to ascertain where other GTi drivers acquired their tyres online as it's the GTi and .:R forums that I frequent 99% of the time. :confused:

Exactly what I did, CB. Blackcircles quoted me £235 inc VAT and fitting for 2 x F1 Assym's, whereas my local VW dealer (Edinburgh) quoted £270. The dealer matched the Blackcircle price and they're now the rubber for my two front wheels. +++

Do you feel that left out? I've hardly committed a TSN crime now have I? I was merely trying to ascertain where other GTi drivers acquired their tyres online as it's the GTi and .:R forums that I frequent 99% of the time. :confused:

Nope, not left out at all, mate. You're just perpetuating the rumour (and proving it at the same time) that GTI owners are predominantly obsessed with themselves and their motors. To the extent that they feel obliged to advertise their GTI for sale in here, ask where the best bodyshop is to have some minor paintwork repairs done, best place to buy tyres etc., non of which are really specific GTI subjects. But as long as you're happy. :P

I'm guessing I've touched on a sore subject, as you've clearly aimed to become quite personal to get your point across. Each to their own. You are right about one thing - I am obsessed by the GTi; always have been, always will be as its an iconic sports car of which I have owned a few. I also very much enjoy communicating with other like-minded people on the subject, hence joining this website. ;)

Now, where's that door you were on about...

@JC , I'm with you here. I see no problem asking opinions in the GTi section about tyres , etc. Same with insurance , warranties , etc. Why wouldn't I want to ask fellow owners where they get their tyres from ?

On the subject, I have found if you're loyal to a local tyre garage then they can easily beat the likes of black circles and mytyres. Just put a pair of Conti Sport 3 on mine . £120 each all done.

Chris.