i O Play ( i Pod Bluetooth adaptor )

Does anyone know anything about the i O Play music streaming devices.

Spotted them in Halfrauds today. They claim u can plug the adaptor into your i Pod and they work wirelessly via your head unit. Also for use with bluetooth phone for hands free with microphone included.

All for £150 fitted. Catch being an extra £50 for use with Bose system.

Anyone had one fitted ?

Catch being an extra £50 for use with Bose system.

Strange - none of the connections that they probably use is different with Bose.

Is it £50 on the fitting if you have Bose (Halfrauds being nervous?) or £50 extra hardware needed?

Got to go into Halfrauds at lunchtime for some oil - will take a look.

Yeah the guy in the store who deals with all the installs said it was the extra wiring. Not sure if that included any extra hardware that may be required.

Thanks Pete.

But AFAIK there is NO extra wiring needed if you have Bose.

Bose just changes the amplifier and speakers - the point where this device would connect is identical whether you have Bose or not, so IMHO there's no justification for a price difference between Bose and standard.

The Eastleigh Halfords didn't have them in-store for me to look at. Is there a manufacturers website?

There IS a website iO | Innovation Onboard, integrating portable devices into your car - Bluetooth Music Streaming & Hands Free kits. but the lack of information on there makes it totally worthless. And you cannot download a manual until after you have bought it, when you don't need to be able to download the manual because it's included in the package!

The total lack of installation information makes me very suspicious/nervous of this product.

I use the Parrot MK6100 (also sold in Halfords or Carphone Warehouse) but they also do one without a screen called the 6000

They have a better rep for car kits (and the actual car kit is better than the iO). You'll have to buy a dongle for the iPod, but I got a Zoom one from expansys for £20 I think.....

I use the Parrot MK6100 (also sold in Halfords or Carphone Warehouse) but they also do one without a screen called the 6000

They have a better rep for car kits (and the actual car kit is better than the iO). You'll have to buy a dongle for the iPod, but I got a Zoom one from expansys for £20 I think.....

Sorry for sounding a bit thick.

Do you mean an adapter that fits to your i Pod when you say a 'dongle'

and does the Parrot work wirelessly using bluetooth ?

Thanks