potential dsg issue?

jhal

lo all,

have noticed something different with the way my DSG works from cold.

when i head out in the morning, it does not change out of 1st, until it goes over 2500rpm. it used to always change at 1900. only a small difference i know, but unless i go over 2500 it will not change, until the car has been running for 15-20 secs, it then changes up.

obviously its goes to 2nd next, but when i go over approx 15mph there is a low but audible, "clunk" noise.

the gearbox works fine apart from that.

if i head out for lunch its fine and fine if i drive it home several hours later.

if i dont drive the car at lunch it does the same heading home.

is it a potential issue, or am i being over sensitive..

there is approx 36K on the clock.

some folk have reported a clunk going from 1>2 when the engine is cold without there being a problem with the box.

that being said, my box doesn't appear do that.

if you are still in warranty and you want total piece of mind, why not let your dealer have a look?

some folk have reported a clunk going from 1>2 when the engine is cold without there being a problem with the box.

I had that in the coldest winter mornings (and in Edinburgh, that can be very cold!), but other than that, the DSG is sweet (touch wood) +++

cheers, gonna get the dealer to check it at the next service.

additional query,

i read on another forum, or maybe here. that the gearbox goes into a safe mode if the car has been launched more than x times.

is this BS?

if not anyone know what x is?

is there a way for me to tell if the car has been launched.

i bought it second hand.

thanks.