Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dustoir

Xenon Bulbs & Spots!!!

6 posts in this topic

I'm sure this isn't a new observation but here goes.....

I don't normally drive with Spots on, but the other night I was on some back roads and decided to turn them on... nothing wrong there I thought, apart from the fact I noticed that nearly every other car on said quiet road started to flash me, so I turned them off.

I got home and had a look, and the only thing I can gather, is that the main headlights (Xenons) are very very white and in comparison the spots are quite yellow.

I can only assume that the other drivers thoughtI was on main beam because the headlights and LEDs were so much whiter.

That said, I think the Spots look crap and I think it maybe time for a bulb change.

Any suggestions please?? I'm assuming somone must have been through this already.

Ta

When you say spots do you mean your main beam or the fog lights?

Either way I'm not surprised people were flashing you, you were either blinding them with full beam or you had your fog lights on when its not foggy... :coffee:

Have you got High Beam Assist on your car? If so, it may have been switched on and not reacting fast enough to oncoming cars?

Thanks for the replies....

and it was my fog lights I was refering to.

Main Beam defintely wasn't on (and I don't have MB assist as far as I know), and when you compare the fog lights with the normal headlights they certainly aren't any brighter.

As pointed out, I can only assume I was being flashed because my fogs were on...

and when you compare the fog lights with the normal headlights they certainly aren't any brighter.

They're not supposed to be brighter. Fog lights are designed to give a low flat beam to light the kerbs up so you can work out where you're going in thick fog, standard headlights in real fog just end up blinding you by lighting the fog up.

Seriously, driving around with your fogs on is trez Kev and you really shouldn't do it unless you have a Saxo or Corsa :rolleyes::roflmao:

They're not supposed to be brighter. Fog lights are designed to give a low flat beam to light the kerbs up so you can work out where you're going in thick fog, standard headlights in real fog just end up blinding you by lighting the fog up.

Seriously, driving around with your fogs on is trez Kev and you really shouldn't do it unless you have a Saxo or Corsa :rolleyes::roflmao:

Fair point.... As I said I was driving on country back roads (ie. no kerbs and no white lines at sides) and it was the first time I'd driven with them on....

As for "Trez Kev"...... hmmm LEDs?