Karcher K7.85M Opinions

18ME

Has anyone used a Karcher K785M yet?

My old faithful Karcher 5 series eventually packed up a few weeks ago after many years of good service. I then carried on using a newer 2 series but that has just given up the ghost, although I really didn't think much of the power of that one.

I don't really want to spend the money on the K785M but it seems the most powerful domestic machine which has useful built in hose reel for under £300. Unless anyone has other recommendations?

msl-thumbnail.php?pid=119&h=215&w=262

Martin, I thoroughly recommend waiting til Lidl have another run of their pressure washers. They do a 530ltr per hour machine with an onboard hose reel, a pair of lances for different uses, and it comes in at £110. The last time they had them was about 6 weeks ago, and before that it was March, so they'll be back in stock sometime soon I should think.

Your local Lidl might even still have one in stock.

They're actually a Lavor machine made specially for Lidl, so there's nothing wrong with the quality.

Speaking of Lidl (i dont have much to say about power washers!) they have car cleaning gear on sale this week. For fiver you get the W5 branded glass sealant and a good tyre foam for about £1.19. They made inconjuction with brand Sonax who make some good products. I suppose they are the Autoglym of German and that type of area.

Geoff

Has anyone used a Karcher K785M yet?

My old faithful Karcher 5 series eventually packed up a few weeks ago after many years of good service. I then carried on using a newer 2 series but that has just given up the ghost, although I really didn't think much of the power of that one.

I don't really want to spend the money on the K785M but it seems the most powerful domestic machine which has useful built in hose reel for under £300. Unless anyone has other recommendations?

msl-thumbnail.php?pid=119&h=215&w=262

Yep Ive got one at work, seems to do the job spot on so far but its not very old yet. We dont use the in built detergent system as I got a snow foam lance to go with it. Apparently the 785 has the brass pump head so should last longer than most domestic units.

got mine from screwfix, they are 279.95 inc vat at the moment.

Yep Ive got one at work, seems to do the job spot on so far but its not very old yet. We dont use the in built detergent system as I got a snow foam lance to go with it. Apparently the 785 has the brass pump head so should last longer than most domestic units.

got mine from screwfix, they are 279.95 inc vat at the moment.

Thats the best price I've seen it too. Have you not tried the built in detergent tank at all? as my snow foam lance never really fitted that well so I don't use it anymore, which is a shame as they are not cheap are they.

Thats the best price I've seen it too. Have you not tried the built in detergent tank at all? as my snow foam lance never really fitted that well so I don't use it anymore, which is a shame as they are not cheap are they.

There is a fix for the snow foam lance if you do a search on here. Drill it out slightly with a 7mm ??? drill ........... not sure on the size. Mine was very tight and I did this and works perfectly now.

We haven't got a Lidl near us. Aren't they like Aldi?

Yep, similar sort of thing. I don't have a problem with their special offer stuff as it's usually good quality at dirt cheap prices. Some enterprising youth was buying the Lidl pressure washers for £110 and then selling them on Ebay for £160 odd. :roflmao:

No sorry it has only ever been used with plain water or with snow foam. It has two detergent tanks with a dial in the middle of them so that you can select how much of each you want to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used it about 3 times now since I've had it and it seems to do the job very well for me. The power is good but the main advantage is that the hose is longer than most so you don't have to keep moving the washer around to get all round the car. The only little gripe I have is that I keep puling the winder handle off when I wind the hose reel back inside but thats probably because I'm being too hasty with it.

Overall though I good machine for the price so far+++

The length of hose is one of the main reasons for me too. It a real pain having to drag the PW, hose and elec lead around the car, particularly when they get tangled up !.

Glad to see your happy with it though.

Whats it like at shifting the dirt from a distance of course, dont want to be blasting off the paint do we..............

+++

It is quite powerful so best not get too close to the paintwork. I mainly use it for the wheel and have snow foam lance works better with this washer than the last so I use that for applying the detergent and then wash that off from a distance. From then on I take the lance off the head of the PW and that gives a gentle spray which is good for washing all the soap off after I've hand washed it.