Got it!!!!!

Booster

Collected my car this morning:grin:

I've only been able to drive the 40 odd miles from Stratford to my house as I borrowed some trade plates that have now gone back but bloody hell, what a car!!!

Some brief first thoughts:

Its quick. Digital speedo is always going to be on methinks!!

Suspension is FAR superior to my A3: Not at all "crashy" as the A3 was. It still retains a sports feel but soaks up the bumps and gives a really comfortable ride.

Why have I never had an auto before?? It makes driving a joy. Had a brief play with the paddles and they seem pretty resonsive and I haven't even used the Sport mode yet.

MPG is pretty impressive: Averaged 37.9 on the way back and it still needs running in.

I love the way the colour of the alloys picks up the colour in the Quartz grey.

I have realised that there is feck all room in the back but sod it, I don't sit in the back:grin:. Only slight downside is the fact that I really can't see the Maxi Cosi car seat fitting between the rear seat and the back of the front seat. Nevermind, the Mrs will have to go in the back and Booster Junior will have to go in the front (when it hopefully arrives in a few weeks!!)

B&O sounds much better than the Bose in my old car. Really pleased with it and haven't had a play with the setting yet either. I was worried having read a few people's comments on here about it.

It was the first time I have gone to collect a new car where it was in the showroom, a nice touch as it was raining so it gave me a good chance to check it all over. I cannot recommend Alastair at Stratford Audi (AliAUDI) highly enough, top bloke to deal with and made the process from start to finish a pleasure.

Anyway, I'm off out to have a look at it again (even though it raining):grin:

Here's a few pics. Will get my proper camera out and get some gooduns when the weather permits.

Cheers

post-1138-137914420232_thumb.jpg

post-1138-137914420234_thumb.jpg

post-1138-137914420236_thumb.jpg

post-1138-137914420244_thumb.jpg

post-1138-137914420246_thumb.jpg

You'll love driving it, it's a great motorway cruiser too, it just soaks up the miles.... looks the same externally as mine (apart from the 58 plate :grin:), and mine has the strarlight leather inside...

FYI, I managed 45mpg coming back from Scotland, but it's easy to blow that on quick back roads and town driving, but it still thrashes the 1.8T for economy.

I still haven't got used to the turning circle and front nose yet, compared to my A4 so I'm extra careful with gateways etc still.

Glad you like it.. and a great looking car (I would say that though +++)

Beautiful colour / alloy combination. Why, you can strut around Europe like Hitman, or glide about London like 'that one' off Harley Street! Have fun!

I was at a (frantic) dealers this past week. I was alarmed by an offer of a new unregistered A5 at cost. Showed me the VWG invoice :o

Nice car. It is easier and probably safer that baby goes in the back as opposed to Mom. If baby has to go in the front then get all the passenger side airbags de-activated, including side and curtain airbags.

Once again nice car and good luck with baby.

Thanks mate!

Off to Wales for a wedding this weekend so as the baby is due in three weeks we are taking the car seat with us as you never know!! Going to try to fit it tomorrow......

She is going to be sitting on towels all the way there and back in case her waters break - don't want my nice new seats ruining :grin: