E90 320d engines

funguf

Hi,

There have been some changes over the years to the 2.0d BMW engine. But judging by your signature your looking for a 2008, so it will be the 177bhp efficiency dynamics one anyway (well... March 2008 onwards)

A lot of the time with adverts they just put 1995cc, 1999cc, 2000cc... regardless of the actual size.

Where are you looking ?

B.

Yep - previous to the 177 is the 163bhp. The one you can actually remap..... however you can pop a decent tuning box on a 177...... i'm sure Gizzie will be along soon :)

Both great cars BTW. If you are not fussed about mapping, go for the 177 ED. However, before i mapped mine, the 163 in basic form was returning a true MPG of c 54mpg on long 70-80mph runs. However, around the Nurburgring it was shocking. Comparatively speaking of course! +++

Yep - previous to the 177 is the 163bhp. The one you can actually remap..... however you can pop a decent tuning box on a 177...... i'm sure Gizzie will be along soon :)

Both great cars BTW. If you are not fussed about mapping, go for the 177 ED. However, before i mapped mine, the 163 in basic form was returning a true MPG of c 54mpg on long 70-80mph runs. However, around the Nurburgring it was shocking. Comparatively speaking of course! +++

A 320d at the ring? How did it perfom??

How much diff does the map make? power gains and torque and what effect did it have on fuel econ?

Cheers

The 177BHP ECU has now been cracked - and you can get a remap in the UK. Remapped you get about 215BHP. I've seen a dyno plot which shows the comparison between the stock, spider and remap. The remap gives more power and better torque curves.

Nike air force 1 ones, Air Jordan shoes, Nike dunks, Air Max Shox, Bape Hoodies - We supply brand shoes (air max, jordan,nike shox,adidas, af1, bape, dunk, gucci, prada, puma, timberland, etc), bags, jeans, hoodies, shirts.website: Nike Air Force Ones, Air Jordan Shoes, Nike Dunks, Nike Air Jordans, Nike Air Force 1

What kinda engines can be fitted to those?

177bhp engine is nice and if you are financing it could be worth paying the extra, depends how much difference there is in price.

I reckon I am getting around 25% more mpg wise than the 163bhp version I had before, so you have to weigh up mileage vs extra monthly cost and the fact it will be newer with 2 years warranty instead of one year etc. etc.

The main difference is how much smoother the engine is, it feels more like a 6cyl than the previous car which is quite clattery in comparison.

Both can be mapped, the 163bhp will get you around 205bhp and the 177bhp will get you 215bhp. They are over 100kg lighter than the 330d so gives it the same sort of performance.