Golf Pirelli

Troubles

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the Pirelli Golf GTI are still be made by VW because you can still configure them on the VW website?

I heard they stop making the Edition 30 which were replaced by the Golf Pirelli. I can't seem to get a straight answer fromVW these days.

Can anyone assist?

Sam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't trust anything on the VW website as you can still configure the R32 and that has now stopped production with only cars still in the network available.

You're right the Pirelli did replace the ED30 but I've not actually heard of anyone ordering or in fact having picked one up.

I would have thought you could still order one and probably get a really good deal into the bargain due to the credit crunch and the MK6 being just around the corner.

That doesn't make sense because 2 weeks back I went to a VW dealership to buy the Pirelli having spec'd it up online. The sales guy said they weren't making them but they had ones already build and that he would find a close match.

All the ones he showed me weren't even close to the spec I wanted e.g no highline computer of Xenons when thats standard on the current car I have now. i don't se why I should pay thousands of pounds on a new car when the spec is absolutely crap! Anyway, the poor sales guy tried his luck by trying to sway me towards the R 32....no thanks...nice car but a petrol drinker.

I eventually went to a different dealership of VW to be told by another sales person that he a Pirelli on order with my spec plus more. I was so over the moon. We discussed figures the car and then he said he has to check if it was coming into production. Only to receive a phone call so say "Sorry, its not coming into production". What a complete let down!

If the car was on order...why not build it for me..someone help me out here...or have I read into wrong?

• 1 month later...
Just picked mine up on monday :grin:, as far as i know i got one of the last ones available.

Was love at first sight haha

Got every option except the smoking pack as i dont smoke.

Heres pic on the day i picked it up

Nice wheels. Now all you have to do is get them wrapped in some goodyear F1 eagle assymetrics.

Edited by sternocleidomastoid

My father picked his up two weeks ago. I've not seen another..

Same message as above from the dealer network, no factory orders but there are unsold cars in the network. If you want one and can be flexible on spec there are some very flexible (desparate) dealers out there..!

Shame they decided not to bring the yellow ones into the UK.

Kind of reminded me of the Banana yellow Corrado's / Golfs of the past. :)

I think if they had kept to the traditional seat tartan (but perhaps colours to match the yellow stitching details, then they would have sold a hell of a lot more. I think the consencus is that most could live with yellow stitching and different wheels - it was the seat material that was potentially a bit tacky.

Shame they decided not to bring the yellow ones into the UK.

Kind of reminded me of the Banana yellow Corrado's / Golfs of the past. :)

I think if they had kept to the traditional seat tartan (but perhaps colours to match the yellow stitching details, then they would have sold a hell of a lot more. I think the consencus is that most could live with yellow stitching and different wheels - it was the seat material that was potentially a bit tacky.

What pattern is on the seats?

Yea, they come with pirelli P-Zero tyres and if they are good enough for supercars then they are good enough for my golf.

The tyre tread seat pattern is on of the main reaasons i went for this car, feels nice, is grippy, better looking than tartan (i am not scottish, so why have tartan is beyond me) and is very unique and original and of course they are heated as standard.

If i were to pick a tiny thing i would prefer different it is that the front grille should have had yellow piping around it to match the seats... Oh and the premium bluetooth phone kit should be a dealer option, would have saved me a journey to portsmouth to get stu from octavia-vrs.com to fit it, who btw i cant praise enough for his skilled, methodical and most of all carefull working methods. ;)