Passat Water Leak

Bagnallc

I have the water leak in my passat i have cleared the drains under the battery as it was full of water thought i had problem resolved. Rained very heavy last night and got in car this morning to find a puddle of water on my rubber mats on passenger side of car where else can this car leak to cause thi? I have again checked under the battery and it is clear of water and drains are still clear. I don't have a sunroof.

I'd check the window seals and door seals are clear. You never know if theres a build up of that greeny mossy looking stuff on your seals it may cause capilliary action to allow the water in.

Also, simple though it seems, check the windows are up properly - simple thing to miss especially if someone else has been 'playing' with them - had that happen to me with my missus - put the window up on passenger side and stopped before it was right home - luckily no water ingress but a bloody irritating whistling noise the next day that I didn't realise until I'd stopped to chat to a mate and used the passenger window!

• 8 months later...
The pollen filter seals are known to leak.

i have try everything i have used silicone to seal pollen fillter i have taken battery out and cleaned plug holes and drained excess water and still leaking. i have cleaned door seals should i get new seal for pollen fillter as i tryed silicon and it has not worked my pasatt is 1.8 20v lpg 1998 estate anyone please help :ffs:

• 1 year later...