Ktm rc8

Biscuits

I think this bike is very fit! Really makes the current batch of jap 1000's look old fashioned.

Was at brands a month or so back and a guy binned his brand new RC8 coming out of Clearways. Was painfull to see!

Not sure about the integrity of their gearboxes though. Seems to be a weak point according to the media.

Supposed to be quite alot of negative feedback. Horrendous vibrations, exhaust too close to the foot, clonky gearbox. Obviously take for a test drive and let us know what you think! +++

I am under strick orders I'm not to have another bike... so I could take one for a spin as it would save me a trip to the hospital for the snip :eek:

I think Bub took this for a test ride and was thoroughly unimpressed.....

I did Sam and I wasn't impressed at all!

I wanted to like the RC8 so much but no bike should be put into production with a gearbox that bad...... CRUNCH! :eek:

Engine felt very flat and stressed. It sounded like a singer sewing machine too. Did I mention vibration? BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Handled like a dream though and is well made.

I rode the standard 1098 back to back and it made the RC8 feel a tad unfinished. ;)

Lets hope they catch up a little next year. I hear they're doing an 'R' version.......

In the meantime I'm happy as Larry with the definitive Jap 1000 :o

BUB :P