custom remaps

jordychris

I can't recommend APS enough - not just for remaps but for all things modifying with VAG cars.

However, I'm not sure just how much of a performance gain you are going to get over bluefin unless you have other hardware mods? Custom remaps are generally used to take account for different characteristics such as having a perfomance exhaust like Milltek, uprated turbos or other tweaks.

I can't recommend APS enough - not just for remaps but for all things modifying with VAG cars.

However, I'm not sure just how much of a performance gain you are going to get over bluefin unless you have other hardware mods? Custom remaps are generally used to take account for different characteristics such as having a perfomance exhaust like Milltek, uprated turbos or other tweaks.

Hi silentandy,

Could you give some more information about the work you have had done on your car? I have an A3 2.0 tfsi and am considering taking it to aps tage 3 as you have done with your gti.

I'm interested in exactly what work you had done, the performance gains you have - is the power delivery like stock so it is still very linear? I'd also like to know how much it all cost if you don't mind.

Ta.

The one thing APS always do is make the throttle a LOT more sensitive. It does, of course, make you instantly think that your car goes like stink, but it's just because it's applying more throttle more quickly.

You can drive an APS mapped 2.0TFSI completely normally, but I would say that the power delivery is not as linear as a stock one, certainly in the Mk5 GTI.

A remap and a full Milltek (including sports cats) is all you'll need to get some decent power gains from your A3. You can add things like an air filter, but you won't get much of a gain.

Hi silentandy,

Could you give some more information about the work you have had done on your car? I have an A3 2.0 tfsi and am considering taking it to aps tage 3 as you have done with your gti.

I'm interested in exactly what work you had done, the performance gains you have - is the power delivery like stock so it is still very linear? I'd also like to know how much it all cost if you don't mind.

Ta.

Hi, although I have the equivalent to what APS list as their stage 3 package I didn't have it all done at APS and not at the same time but would highly recommend them.

On my car I have Eibach springs, Koni FSDs, full Milltek with sports cat, BMC air filter and now the custom APS remap.

Like Mook says, the throttle response after the remap is noticably sharper. I was surprised how much difference it actually made to the feel of the car overall. Power delivery is still fairly linear but there is a noticable surge from 3k rpm onwards but the low down torque is just as impressive. You can still potter around town staying below 3k rpm if you want and I've not noticed much change in MPG.

On motorway journeys which I do a lot, I've noticed I've had to check my speed a lot more often as it's far easier to creep into license losing speeds so I'm making more use of cruise control.

Overall it's made it feel very rapid and much more responsive. As mentioned in another post somewhere I was a passenger in my car one night and was amazed by the difference it had made.

One thing no one seems to have mentioned on here is the affect on insurance - it actually cost me more in an admin fee to make the change after remap than what the extra premium was! My mods are all declared and it hasn't cost too much extra.