2.0 TSFi (211) Anyone driven yet ??

Froggy

I would definitely go with the Sport. If you have had / driven other Audis in Sport or S line guise, the A5 ride is nothing like it!

The ride is firm but far more compliant over bumps and it certainly doesn't "crash" over potholes and the like as my old A3 did.

As for the 2.0T, plenty of folks on the a5oc.com board have theirs. They all give it a great write up apart from the fact that most of them, if not all of them are a bit disappointed with the fuel economy.

I would definitely go with the Sport. If you have had / driven other Audis in Sport or S line guise, the A5 ride is nothing like it!

The ride is firm but far more compliant over bumps and it certainly doesn't "crash" over potholes and the like as my old A3 did.

As for the 2.0T, plenty of folks on the a5oc.com board have theirs. They all give it a great write up apart from the fact that most of them, if not all of them are a bit disappointed with the fuel economy.

Cheers, I really need to test drive one, but the local dealer's demo is in constant use . . .

As for the fuel economy, I'll go and have a read, that was one of my other main factors for being interested... hmmmm :confused:

They aren't getting anything like the quoted figures (then again does anyone on any car??) Someone on a5oc said around 24mpg round town and 30 on a run.

Really ! bloody hell that's appalling - Is that not just because they are very new and are driving "enthusiastically" (I used to get more from my S3 and about the same from my VR6 !!!)

I was hoping that I would get late 30's average and more on a longer run.

Yes that fuel consumption is low but remember it's using the new audi valve lift technology. The 211 2.0T will inevitably drink more. Poor show stats wise, I wonder if they're pushing the vehicle quite hard as Froggy's suggested.

Incidentally, there are reports of some brokers who haven't been able to quote for the 2.0T as yet. It's prob causing some hassle for those who shop around!