Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marky r

needs some fun jap car i think

7 posts in this topic

well after alot of thought i want a jap car iv got a golf tdi at the minute and im keeping that as a day to day car but i want something for the weekend and that i can do trackdays with nothing too pricey and im 21 in bout 3 month so think im gonna insure it fully comp on my dads and drive it 3rd party on mine. only thing is what do i go for? and im tempted for something i can play about with the engine. iv been thinking about a civic type R not the new shape i dont like them something round an early 2000 to and 03 in which case ill have to save a bit more money or been thinking bouit a nissan pulsar or something rear wheel drive. skylines and such are out of my leauge with insurance and stuff and i dont wanna jump in the deep end. so type r nissan pulsar or something rear wheel can anyone advise me please ?

For rear drive, Nissan 200SX. Absolute hoot to drive, and tuneable. Watch for blown turbos though. And it might cost a bomb to insure at 21.

Are you sure you can drive third party on yours at 21? Just about every insurer I know (excluding Quinn Direct) only allow drivers only 25 to drive other cars under their own policy.

i thought it was 21 mate ill have to check and i used to be insured with quinn direct ill shop about then and garcon what engine is the nissan 200sx

(10 days later.... :grin: )

Depending on model, the Nissan 200SX is a 1.8 or 2 litre four pot turbo putting out 160odd to 200bhp as standard. +++

I know I'm bias with this call but you can't go wrong with an MX5, rear wheel drive, one of the best handling two seater sports cars ever made. :D

You can even get the top down in the summer for about a week!

Seriously though, they are cheap with the insurance, really easy to mod, solid engines and you can bolt on a supercharger or turbo for mega sideways action! A perfect track toy.

You know you want to!!

i know i'm bias with this call but you can't go wrong with an mx5, rear wheel drive, one of the best handling two seater sports cars ever made. :d

you can even get the top down in the summer for about a week!

Seriously though, they are cheap with the insurance, really easy to mod, solid engines and you can bolt on a supercharger or turbo for mega sideways action! A perfect track toy.

You know you want to!!

+1 +++