A5 3.0tdi?

Toltol

Hi all, first post here. Currently have a 2007 A3 1.9TDI and I am looking to change it next January for a A5 3.0TDI.

I was wondering though if this was too big a leap in engine size and if I should first go for the 2.7TDI? Is there alot of power in the 3 litre and how much of an effect does the quattro have?

Would also appreciate general opinions on the 3 litre.

Thanks alot!

Edited by Toltol

Welcome +++

The power in the 3.0TDi is awesome! You will soon get used to it. I test drove the 2.7TDi and it is a nice engine but only having FWD did my head in. It was a wet day and the torque steer and wheelspin was too much for me. I had a 2.0T Quattro A3 before this car.

I'm getting around 33mpg round town (dropping to 26mpg in traffic) and up to 45mpg on a run.

I have driven cars with the 1.9TDi engine and the 3.0TDi is FAR more refined. My mates have questioned whether it is actually a sooty! I have been in noiser Lexus cars!!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Was in with local Audi dealer today and I have decided to go for one (going to shop around first though!). Trying to decide on what extras to go for, here is my current list, would welcome any suggestions/recommendations:

• Rear View Mirror + A/T DIP
  • Electric fold mirrors
  • Bang & Olufsen sound system
  • Metallic/Pearl paint
  • 5 arm Y styling 19" wheels
  • Front sport seats
  • Audi hold assist

What ye think? Thanks again.;)

Good spec Toltol but for me would need to have sat nav and AMI. Ibis white and tinted glass would my preference rather than a metallic/pearl paint aswell I just think they look awesome in white.

I'd be interested to know what discount the dealers say they can do for you in the current financial climate. I've been doing a bit of research as I'm looking to buy an A5/S5 in the near future and the inetrnet brokers are pretty much all able to offer 8-10% discount on factory orders through main dealers.

Typically the dealers seem to have their heads burried in the sand though. One in particular I spoke to didn't even want to entertain a reasonable cash offer on an '08 plate A5 which he's had sat on his forecourt for nearly 5 months now!! I thought they'd be getting fairly desperate for sales at the top end of the market by now....maybe it will take a couple more months longer before they really start to feel the pinch though......heres hoping!

I'd be interested to know what discount the dealers say they can do for you in the current financial climate. I've been doing a bit of research as I'm looking to buy an A5/S5 in the near future and the inetrnet brokers are pretty much all able to offer 8-10% discount on factory orders through main dealers.

Hi,

I am also looking at getting an A5, but my A3 part ex/private sale might scupper the deal, and the online brokers seem to be at best 6% discount. Do you mind pointing me in the direction of those offering 8-10%.

Thanks

Hi,

I am also looking at getting an A5, but my A3 part ex/private sale might scupper the deal, and the online brokers seem to be at best 6% discount. Do you mind pointing me in the direction of those offering 8-10%.

Thanks

My spec with drivethedeal.co.uk came out at a tad under 8% discount. Also got a quote from dealdrivers.co.uk who I've bought from before which came out at 9% - this is better than their website price though which I've just checked is at about 7% - so maybe this was down to the contact I had from before and previous purchase I don't know! The 10%discount I mentioned was on a dealer stock vehicle sourced through dealdrivers aswell but not surprisingly that one has sold now!

Good luck finding those discounts mactrack they are out there for sure and only going to improve in the coming months I reckon.

Hi, well believe it or not I am actually finding it hard to get a quote from a few dealers. I'm looking to trade in a '07 A3 1.9TDI. One dealer told me they wouldnt quote me until mid november as they have too many second hand cars. Going to my dealer tomorrow to see what he has to say.

Fairly shocked by what my A3 is worth now, I bought it for €39k and I think its only worth around €24k now. Price of new cars here in Ireland dropped during the summer when new VRT prices came in (A3 by around 3k).

Hi

I've had my A5 3.0 Q Sport for about 6 months now and I love it!

Apart from the fact that it stops traffic as people crane their necks to have a look (i'm sure all the other 5 drivers will know what I mean) it is just an incredibly nice car to drive.

Mine is pearl black with the 19" 5 spoke alloys, I went for valcona leather sport seats (heated and electric), sat nav, B&O (faultless sound), rear park assist (wish i had it at the front now - bumped someone in traffic the other day), audi media interface (essentially this means I have a round 3000 tracks of music available from my iphone), the amazing keyless entry and start button, auto dipping mirror and powered wing mirrors and cruise.

initially I went a bit bonkers with the extras but then scaled it back and am pleased to say that each one has been worth the money - but then it is all about personalising your car isn't it?

By the way, did I say how quick it goes? Had some paintwork fdone the other day and they gave me a 2.7 - it was very nice, and smoothe, but not a patch on the power offered by the 3.0.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Was in with local Audi dealer today and I have decided to go for one (going to shop around first though!). Trying to decide on what extras to go for, here is my current list, would welcome any suggestions/recommendations:

• Rear View Mirror + A/T DIP
  • Electric fold mirrors
  • Bang & Olufsen sound system
  • Metallic/Pearl paint
  • 5 arm Y styling 19" wheels
  • Front sport seats
  • Audi hold assist

What ye think? Thanks again.;)

You need to also add Sat nav plus and perhaps AMI too. Assume you have gone for sport pack as well?

That's the problem though Gareth, once you put the 3.0tdi up to what it needs for resale its way expensive. Personally I would add the Comfort Pack as well (expensive I know).

Finally, anyone though when the A5 gets S Line, or indeed when Audi is bringing out a twin turbo diesel to compete with the 335d/535d etc?

I don't know if they'll bother with S line, the sport spec includes

18 x 8.5J ‘10-spoke V’ design alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 Y tyres

Sports suspension. 20mm lower ride height with stiffer spring

settings and shock-absorbers

Sports seats

Which apart from the badges is basically most of an S-Line in the other ranges...