A4 Valuation please

jpullen

Would someone be kind enough to give me a usable trade in price on my A4 please

Audi A4 (B7) S Line Avant 2.0Tdi Multitronic in deep sea blue. Is now 2 years and one month old. I have had it from new and it has just passed 18,000 miles

Full service history and first service only just done last month, New tyres. Other bits include Leather/Alcantara seats. Paddle shift gear change, Cool box in glove compartment, Ipod connector, Interior light package and looks like new

I've just had a bit of a shock from a dealer and can't believe they have dropped so low...

Thanks

Here is part of the dealers reply to me...It was a part exchange for a £35,000 Land Rover...

"The issue then stands with the Audi, as my initial estimation of it’s value is far far far different to that of the VW dealer that discussed a Touareg with you. With the very best will in the world the Audi is worth in the region of £12,000 to £12,500 to dispose of in the trade, however this is based on Glass’s Guide and CAP Guide, and I would need to obtain a firm underwrite from an Audi dealer to confirm this."

I was a little taken aback....to say the least

My local dealer gave me £10500 for my 2004 A4 SLine (1.8T - 190ps) and that had 35k on the clock.... That seems really good in comparison to what they have offered you.

If you have the time, sell it privately... It's always quite good to trawl Autotrader anyway, as you can see what the dealers are likely to try and get, and also get a feel for what they are going for in private sale.

My local dealer gave me £10500 for my 2004 A4 SLine (1.8T - 190ps) and that had 35k on the clock.... That seems really good in comparison to what they have offered you.

If you have the time, sell it privately... It's always quite good to trawl Autotrader anyway, as you can see what the dealers are likely to try and get, and also get a feel for what they are going for in private sale.

I agree. Spend £20, stick it on Autotrader and there maybe someone out there ready to part with their cash instead of going to a dealer and paying over the odds.

Here is part of the dealers reply to me...It was a part exchange for a £35,000 Land Rover...

"The issue then stands with the Audi, as my initial estimation of it’s value is far far far different to that of the VW dealer that discussed a Touareg with you. With the very best will in the world the Audi is worth in the region of £12,000 to £12,500 to dispose of in the trade, however this is based on Glass’s Guide and CAP Guide, and I would need to obtain a firm underwrite from an Audi dealer to confirm this."

I was a little taken aback....to say the least

see what i mean, 12k is crazy price but dealers giving crazy prices

The deal on the new car was very good, but then I suppose it would be in the current climate, if the trade in on my car is going to be typical across the used market at the moment then very quickly it simply won't make economic sense to buy.

To put it into perspective I was looking at the new B8 at the back end of july and was offered £18,500 against a similar B8 and now less than 4 months on the car has lost £6000!

I would be very interested to hear of any one else looking to trade in their cars and see what prices have been offered. For my part I will now wait till the spring, I don't need to sell and the car is still a 'premium' brand at the end of the day but I would hate to own a mainstream Ford/Vauxhall etc they must be worth peanuts

Unless you've been living under a rock, you might have noticed that trading conditions haven't been the best over the past four months.

Glass's gives a range of 12300 to 15500, but frankly that's fiction. Your car is worth what an Audi dealer is willing to pay for it in the trade, which currently is going to be less than 12k.

It's the premium marques that have been hit the hardest over the past few months - you'd probably have lost less on a Ford/Vauxhall.

To give you an idea how bad it can be, someone in the trade told me a little story yesterday.

A customer had a 2006 A6 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line, all the right kit, right colour etc that he'd bought new for £42k. Only downside on the car itself was the mileage - 80,000.

He wanted to trade this at an Audi dealer against a used S8. Something you might expect the dealer would be gagging to get off his pitch.

Glass's values the A6 at 11250 to 14200.

Have a guess what the Audi dealer was willing to give him against the S8?

Just bought my Audi from a dealer for £12,500 (66K on the clock)the car is a bit rough around the edges but nothing a little TLC will not put right.

Part exed my 07/57 Renault Laguna with ALL the kit (except Xenons) which I bought for £14,500 only formonths ago (nice car but boring to drive). Dealer gave me £8.5k for it the same as I had been offered by various other dealers. Could not belive how much it had lost but it had to go,so I took the hit and now enjoy my driving again.

Looks like no new car for me this Christmas then, or for that matter next spring. I'm all for a challenge but the trade values are far too low to even think about buying a new one. No doubt very quickly people like myself will look at trade in values ans decide to keep their present car.....which in turn means dealers will suffer and go under. Tradditional fleet sales must be declining too.....Wonder who will go under first

I was about to buy a new Landrover Freelander HSE auto with Xenons, list £35,000....dealer price £27,900

My trade in has screwed the cost to change so it aint going to happen...

Oh to know where this will all lead...........cos it isn't going to get better for a long while...

I was offered £23k for the 320d in August, then 3 weeks later those bids were down to £19k, by mid September no one wanted it and the best bid was £17k.

That is a £6k loss on one of the most efficient, fastest and one of the most desirable cars on the market in around 4 weeks.

That car listed at £32650 new, so it had also lost nearly 50% in under a year, to be fair though I bet I could still sell it privately in 2 years for £14k.

I put it on autotrader for £23,000 and sold it in 24 hours, so there are buyers out there, just most of the dealers are in a bit of a mess and can't afford to buy or sell anything at the moment.