Trade in Edition 30 or NOT !!

clown

Not a good time to sell anything, that we all know, in these hard times, or so we are told !!

but the dealers are taking the p… with their trade in prices, or lack of them. The sales team struggle to even understand why your angry with such a low price when they haven’t even moved off the chair to even look at your car, or fully understand the differences with the models, yes I know they cant be expected to know other manufactures special additions, but when your given the trade price for a normal GTI model, because the ED30 GTI is not listed, you start asking the question, what is going on ??They use the Glasses Guide and CAP.Basically what ever is cheapest,this is the price you get.To think my lovely Candy White Edition 30 GTI would just find it`s way to a trader was enough of an excuse to leave well alone.There isn`t another one for sale though Vw with all those extras on for so little money...............

I had considered the change to a 2005 Bmw M3 smg, but after looking at the general condition of these cars ,and what you have to pay for the privilege, it’s time to go back to the car which ticks so many of the boxes the Edition 30 GTI.A good all rounder…………..

^^good advise, i have sold my last two cars and got good money for both, i just waited, both took over a month but it allowed me to buy the edition 30 with the extra i got, i sold my last one for 17k, the bloke after me got bored and about a month later sold it on in a rush for 13k LOL

im actually considering a swop for an s3 and may do the same again

The only word of advice I've got is don't try to trade anything in right now. Dealers have got way too much stock and it's not selling. Despite all the talk of business being fine, when you talk to them about them selling you a car, it's not. Simple as.

But if you're selling your Ed30, expect to take a big hit on the price. Unfortunately a lot of people are shying away from white cars, even though they look great now.

Think back to the 80s and the white XR3i...

The only word of advice I've got is don't try to trade anything in right now. Dealers have got way too much stock and it's not selling. Despite all the talk of business being fine, when you talk to them about them selling you a car, it's not. Simple as.

But if you're selling your Ed30, expect to take a big hit on the price. Unfortunately a lot of people are shying away from white cars, even though they look great now.

Think back to the 80s and the white XR3i...

odd, i spoke to a dealer today and he says white was the most popular colour

Think what mook means is that yes white is popular now, but wait till 2 years time when white cars will be bought and sold way below the value of the same model in a different colour. Its happened before and it will happen again. We are not in California and we dont have there weather. If we had 365 days of sun then maybe it would be a different story.

Think what mook means is that yes white is popular now, but wait till 2 years time when white cars will be bought and sold way below the value of the same model in a different colour. Its happened before and it will happen again. We are not in California and we dont have there weather. If we had 365 days of sun then maybe it would be a different story.

whats weather got to do with it ?

White car in winter with salt on roads = beige car = not so popular +++

But they still look great when they're clean...

no offence but its no harder than black to keep clean imo, and it doesnt show swirls as much as black would, same goes for red and dark blues etc etc

i dont regret getting white for one moment, i bought what i thought was the best colour for the car, and didn't settle for a second best colour just because of future value, and i am reasonably confident that i will sell the car in the future because its white and an iconic colour for the car :-)

I have no strong opinions myself but any sales person with any skills is going to tell you you made the right choice of colour, whether he thinks you are buying or not.

lol, i find the opposite usually as they try and push the price down, i never struggle to pass on my brave colour choices :-)

:roflmao:That is one horrible car. I particularly like the way the orange clashes with the red on the front grill and the brakes.

This is definitely not a good time to sell, but if you've got the readies it's a perfect time to buy. I heard today that there's new shape M3 saloons for less than 40 grand available. That's a real big drop for a couple of months.

Talking of Mk4 R32s, I still don't get why people still think they can get over £10K for them, when Mk5 R32 prices have taken such a beating.

I'm still a big fan of the "original" R32, having owned one, but I also try to be realistic +++

I have been very tempted to get one these last couple of weeks but the prices are a joke. You get the odd black one pop up for £10k but most are high 12's. Saw a low millege blue for over £14k. Also

check this out. Good spec and low miles but still

Auto Trader UK - AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr [225] Hatchback

what are they offering ?

Two Prices offered £13,000 up against a £26,000 M3 Convertible and £14,500 for £24,000 M3 Convertible.

Whats annoying is the lack of interest shown in your car,yes I know it`s never really been any different i should know i`ve had plenty of dealings in the past.But I could not have let this one go as easily as I have before,it just looked so bright and new still, against the M3.The car itself is in mint condition,regularly waxed and de tarred,everything better than when was new.

In white they look amazing,there is always interest from passers by.Have never known a car so many people glance at.Combinations to colour do make such a difference,but each to thier own.the silver GTI never got a look..................