ED30 Wheel Paint code

STKiller

Hi guys,

My first post ever on TS.....

My ED30 needs to have 2 wheels refurbed and am at a dead end for finding the paint code.

I believe they are the BBS CH wheels but seems I am having issues trying to contact BBS direct to ask them.......so if anyone know what paint sits on them I would appreciate it!

Thanks, but I may have a break through!

I believe these wheels to be the titan silver wheels, "Rockingham" VW call them.

I have been in contact with BBS in Germany and were working together to come to a definite decision.

Its a little off that VW themselves can't tell me for definite a BBS product code.

Still, I'll let you all know what the outcome is!

After much to'ing and fro'ing we now have some sort of answer albeit not a recipe for the paint.

Whether or not its maintained perfect matching we dont know, But I am going to find out next monday when the wheels will be sprayed.

sorry for the long copy and paste of emails but am busy working and wanted to get this posted.

Dear Steve,

as my colleague Kathrin is currently not available for several weeks, I'll try to answer your questions.

Regarding your demand for paint for CH 026, we can offer you this colour in 500gr tins, which can be obtained from our authorized BBS dealer in the UK. For price enquiries please contact our following BBS dealer, who can help you with your problem.

PW Motorsport Ltd.

Bryngoleu

Llandissilio

UK-Pembrokeshire SA66 7SU

Mr. Philip Walker

Tel.: +44 (0) 1437 56 37 93

Email: [email protected]

Pw Motor Sport | Home

For further questions please feel free and contact us or Mr Philip Walker in the UK.

With best regards,

Man-Kit Yu

Sales Aftermarket

BBS International GmbH

Welschdorf 220

D – 77761 Schiltach

Email : [email protected]

Tel : +49 / (0)7836 / 52-1123

Fax : +49 / (0)7836 / 52-4123

Web : Aluminium rims - the BBS showroom

i_safe.gif

-------------------------------------------

Von: Steve Oldfield[sMTP:[email protected]]

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2008 09:59:50

An: Kathrin Prowasnik

Betreff: RE: AW: AW: Contact request from BBS.com

Diese Nachricht wurde automatisch von einer Regel weitergeleitet.

Hi Kathrin,

I have found a wheel code....its CH026

Do you have a paint code listed?

Steve

Subject: AW: AW: Contact request from BBS.com

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:12:56 +0200

To: [email protected]

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}

Dear Steve,

as I haven't received an answer from my colleague yet when forwarding him your e-mail, I tried to reach him by phone, but unfortunately without success.

Here is the direct number of Mr Munzinger: 0049 7836 52 3257.

Kind regards,

Kathrin Prowasnik

Area Manager Aftermarket

BBS International GmbH

Welschdorf 220

D – 77761 Schiltach

Tel : +49 / (0)7836 / 52-1152

Fax : +49 / (0)7836 / 52-4152

Web : www.bbs.com

Subject: AW: Contact request from BBS.com

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:49:15 +0200

To: [email protected]

.ExternalClass{padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;font-size:10px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, " BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff;}

Dear Mr Oldfield,

thank you for your enquiry.

In order to identify which wheels you have on your car, I would need the product code which is composed of two letter plus three digits (i.e. CH012).

This information should be found on the wheel.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Kathrin Prowasnik

Area Manager Aftermarket

BBS International GmbH

Welschdorf 220

D – 77761 Schiltach

Tel : +49 / (0)7836 / 52-1152

Fax : +49 / (0)7836 / 52-4152

Web : www.bbs.com

i_safe.gif

Von: Zentrale

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2008 13:24

An: Kathrin Prowasnik

Betreff: WG: Contact request from BBS.com

Von: BBS Contact Form [mailto:[email protected]]

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2008 13:16

An: Zentrale

Betreff: Contact request from BBS.com

Hello BBS team,

A contact request has been completed on the BBS website. Here's the data so that it can be processed.

Re:

Product enquiry

Your request:

I have recently bought a new MK5 VW Golf Edition30 GTI. I need to have 2 of the alloy wheels refurbished which will entail a respray and I cant seem to find the paint code for them anywhere. As they are BBS alloys can you please inform me of the correct paint code so that I am able to have them done please. Regards, Steve Oldfield

Have a pint of Broadside in the Nellie for me ;-)

Hah! I'm chuffed to hear from another Nellie fan. Will do mate +++ Best pub in the UK. Fact. Been going to Southwold for the last 25 years and love it. Nothing changes there and there's always a warm welcome in the Nellie (even now John's passed the reins on). +++

haha not for much longer jon, I have decided to get them all painted satin black like the black edition CH from BBS...........now please tell me anyone if i am doing the wrong thing?!

Not at all. Black alloys against a colour-coded black GTI will look superb. Hope to see the car en route! +++

• 3 months later...