Help asap - Good deal or not for a 07 Avensis T-Spirit?

fizzbitt

Replacement car for 'me maa' and popped into our local Toyota dealership (used dept) and found the following car.

June/07 Reg Toyota Avensis T-spirit 2.2 D4D in black

10,500k on the clock... black... T-spirit is the highest spec, inc in dash touch screen satnav, black leathers, electric seat adjstment, cruise etc etc... Pristine condition and looks like it just come off the production line.

'Apparently' it was up for £14k for 4 weeks and they then reduced it to £13k a week prior to us walking into the dealership.

They were not going to budge with the price and best they could do was throw in a years road tax to which we said we would think about it and get back to them.

Having decided £12k is our budget, i rang the chap up at the dealership and told him that we are going to give it a miss as £12k is max we can stretch. He told me to leave it with him and he got back to me 15min later stating they would accept the £12k for it.

Had a look on the Trader and none seem to be below £12900 and none of them are black, all silver/grey etc.

Glasses guide says in excellent condition the car is worth £12k p/x.

Anyone got anything further to add? Off today to put the deposit down after work so thought id ask quickly...

cheers in Advance. +++

Fizz

aye.. usually keep cars for at least 5/6 years if not more... basically she could get a A4 or BMW etc for the same price but they wont be specced out like this for the same price.

She loves the comfort of interior and the drive is as smooth as you like. Although she is worried that its a Taxi driver Fav. Ive told her im going to buy one of those annoying suction car window thingies stating "Mums Taxi"... lol She wasnt amused! :P

If she's planning on doing over 80k in it, in that time frame then find something else, I have a cab fleet of 130 cars and the newer shape Avensis is fine up to then, at which point they all fall apart!

We have traded a few of ours in for the previous shape, which, while not as astheticaly pleasing or practical, dont seem to break down.

Toyota really seem to have dropped the ball on the Avensis.

Friend of mine popped in yesterday, he had just bought an 57 plate C180k avanatgarde, it was black with black leather, no nav but lots of nice stuff in it and only 8k miles on it for £12k!!

He is getting 36mpg from it, which is like 40mpg from a diesel with petrol now below a £1 a litre.

That was a £26k car before any options, so there are bargains to be had.

I reckon that will still be worth £7k in 3 years time, cheap motoring.

That sounds like a bargin... Im presuming its the older shape as opposed to the new sexy one which was released.

The Avensis book price last year for this model was £21k so its taken a drastic drop already as well. :)

Yeah, this shape...

BenzW203Front_Big.jpg

In fact it looked just like that too.

There do seem to be some real bargains out there. +++