Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatu

front brake pipe?

5 posts in this topic

Hello Just had an pre MOT inspection on 96 4.2 Q , The tester commented that the Front brake "link " pipes on the back of the caliper were Rusty . I thought this would be just an easy make a couple of new pipes , however they appear to be just a return which has some sort of "banjo " bolt not proper ends . Thus i ordered from Audi Newcastle , the parts guy rang back yesterday (week after order and payment but still on 2 week back order) and said these brake pipes we have ordered i am not sure they are brake pipes ! :mad:

I think the car has the Lucas caliper anyone any ideas ?

Thanks in anticipation

Are your like these?

I'd try cleaning them up with some wire wool or similar and paint 'em; if there no damage/excessive corrosion etc.

Oh and welcome to TSN fella!

post-5048-137914422578_thumb.jpg

Thanks yes thats them , the pipes that bend and return . do they actually contain fluid ? :eek:

Thanks to all who replied and Ian and Dave at A8 parts . Audi Newcastle by the time i tried to stop the order already had them still, they were good enough to arrange some discount on service items to cover the costs . they do not contain any fluid and do not seem to have purpose but hey they are nice and new now ! :ffs: