MK5 R32 Values...........

jahkeym

Hi all,

Looking on autotrader there seems to be some cheap mk5 R32's about - as low as £10k!!!!

I sold my manual shadow blue 55 plate with leather in June for 16,250, it had around 32,000 miles and just had it's £700 squids service - have the prices dropped that much???

Thinking about buying another for 10K!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from checking one with those kind of miles is fully legit - I would do it if I were you and had £10K to spare. But it'll be worth about 2/3 of that or less in a year :eek:

Big engined car prices are nuts at the minute, and they've taken even more of a hammering in the past month, which is why I was glad to get the asking price for my S4 a few weeks ago.

Give it another year and, regardless of where the petrol prices are, you'll be able to pick up some mahoosive bargains. It's only a handful of cars, like the original RS4 that are holding up quite well on value.

Apart from checking one with those kind of miles is fully legit - I would do it if I were you and had £10K to spare. But it'll be worth about 2/3 of that or less in a year :eek:

Big engined car prices are nuts at the minute, and they've taken even more of a hammering in the past month, which is why I was glad to get the asking price for my S4 a few weeks ago.

Give it another year and, regardless of where the petrol prices are, you'll be able to pick up some mahoosive bargains. It's only a handful of cars, like the original RS4 that are holding up quite well on value.

Well done! bet you won't miss it's apetitie for unleaded!

There still seems to be manny (R32's) at silly prices but sure they won't be selling - I'm glad I sold mine, thought the values were gonna drop with the increse in fuel prices and new road tax but with the added financial doom and gloom they seem to have plummeted south!

I think 10k is a steel, loved owning the car, had a mk5 gti before - great motor but no the same ownership appeal.

Might start making some silly offers in the lead upto xmas

Surely the big engine thing shouldn't be as much of an issue as petrol prices have drpped.

I know the VED is high but a couple of hundred pounds extra, although a pain, shouldn't be an issue as people spend much more on minor mods.

I do appreciate the car market is fooked but I don't understand why big engined cars are still dropping like a stone.

Just means I'll need to keep mine forever. Just as well I like it +++

Brand new unregistered :eek: cars:-

R32 Manual 5 door, Steel Grey Metallic, Anthracite Leather, DVD Sat Nav,

Multi Function Steering Wheel, Rear Side Airbags-

£20,995

R32 Manual 5 door, Diamond Black Metallic, Anthracite Leather,

Winter Pack, DVD Sat Nav + 6CDs, Rear Tinted Windows, Multifunction Steering Wheel,

Rear Side Airbags-

£21,995

PM me and I'll tell you where for a boxe of Celebrations +++

If you aren't fussed about Nav factory fitted then they can be had for £19.5k unregistered, or even £18.3k if you're prepared to park your backside on cloth.

Now that's serious cheapness :eek:

What I really don't get, however, is some of the crazy used prices for the older cars. There's one nearish to me @ a VW dealer that's an 06 with 31k up and yet it is up for £17k (was higher but has been there for a while now). At another VW dealer there's a 56 plate clothy with 11k up for £18,995 :roflmao:

Don't think either of those will be moving any time soon when you can get a new one for less than £20k

Edited by D1MAC

Surely the big engine thing shouldn't be as much of an issue as petrol prices have drpped.

I know the VED is high but a couple of hundred pounds extra, although a pain, shouldn't be an issue as people spend much more on minor mods.

I do appreciate the car market is fooked but I don't understand why big engined cars are still dropping like a stone.

It's the uncertainty. Petrol's gone down again, but it might go back up to £1.40 a litre with bugger all notice, so it's the uncertainty that's stopping people, as well as the current economic climate and it being a lot harder to borrow big chunks of money to buy cars, which most people seem to do now.

I'm holding off buying any kind of replacement for the S4 now it's gone - I'm looking to benefit from car prices dropping even more after the New Year, when second hand prices are at their rock bottom for the year after everyone's max'd out at Xmas.

No idea what I'll replace it with though - enjoying using the track toy as a daily driver +++

mook,

i had 2 clio 16v's from 92 to 97 , so it felt like i was coming home after a golf 1.8t , 4motion and r32.

i had to get a car which i could park on the bad streets on south london , and was too scared someone would try to pinch the golf ~ plus i knew it was a good time to get out.

the clio is a great car , handles very well , resists understeer wickedly.got the clio for 13k new with air con and metallic.

the nimbus silver/grey looks great , the car to my eyes looks as good as the r32.the wide track on the clio is a thing of beauty.

the clio is roomier than the golf too , and i have been getting 35mpg.

the quality of the clio is fine as well.

you have to rev it to get the meat of the performance but i dont mind

only things i miss on the golf are the ultimate , uultimate pace(which was hard to use on todays roads) , 4wd stability and the stereo.

From another forum.....

My mate just rang me who is Master Tech at VW Dealer. Sinclairs in Swansea.

He told me that they have just been told that there are 700+ unregistered R32's in the UK. They are basically putting this model into liquidation as they can't shift them.

So they will take over 25% off the normal price.

2 doors for £16875

4 doors for £17250.

Obviously all different specs but they will possibly sell ones with good specs for above prices and would be open to offers I am sure.

What a lot of car for this money!!!

The Sinclairs Group in South Wales are being allocated 19 R32's at these prices.

Some amazing bargains could be had here for the price of a new Golf Match.

What a lot of car for this money!!!

At the kind of prices being talked about it is and is worth taking any hit on fuel & tax. Take £3-4k depn a year for 3 or 4 years and any value that's left is (in a manner of speaking, of course) free money.

However, looking at the used prices, it looks like some dealers are going to have to get a bit of a reality dose (as may some owners as well - if you paid list 12 months ago, you're going to be might pi**ed when you find out how much you've lost).

I might actually consider one at that kind of price instead of what I was looking at :)

Great news that punters are staying clear of buying R32's

Just makes having one all the more unique

£450 tax and £ 330 insurance, cheap as chips if you ask me !!!!!!!!!!!

As long as you don't want to sell it.

This year was the 1st year my VED was more expensive than my insurance. £415 vs £335:ffs:

I bought the car to keep for a lot of years. It ticks all the boxes for me, and enjoy driving it more and more. I had my last car 15 years and I'm not a one for swapping and changing. Its a bit like house prices in the fact it only concerns you when your buying or selling. If my R is worth 2bob and a big apple when I come to sell him then so be it, but I couldn't give a toss with how much He's worth now.... cos I aint selling Him.

Whats even better is He's Red and even more unique, not the usual blue, black and silver.

The line is cast !!!!!!!!!