Help engine cut out!!!

audiquatt

hi guys

i have an audi 3.0 quattro sport avant, and was driving along today at around 30mph and the engine light came on and the power cut off and there was knocking noises coming from the engine and then it just cut off completely, i,ve had the car for a year and half and only have covered 7000miles its 66000 on the clock its had a cambelt change from audi in chingford roughly about 1500 miles ago, could it be linked to the cambelt change??

it was fine then all of sudden it lost power then the knocking noises from the engine could be heard i managed to drive it about 12 meters it was in the middle of a major roundabout --scary stuff early morning rush hour as well, i got the AA to come out and they towed it to a local garage whom i know and they are going to have a look at it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there

I have a 2.5TDi V6 - the same thing happended to me a few days ago! I was driving up a hill and all of a sudden its clanged n banged, then stopped. Upon investigation from the garage it seems on of the sets of cams went, shedding teeth every where!

We have been advised that the other set of twin cams should also be replaced as they may do the same thing.

So rather than look for a second hand engine, (cos lets face my engine is ruined) we have been quoted £1,900 to have our engine re-built, this also comes with a warantee.

What did you do to fix it? Did they tell you why it might have happened? We were told is basically down to poor servicing/bad oil on the previous owners etc.

SO anoyed, I have only had the car a few weeks (bought privatley so no come back).

Wendy