New rs4 2009

logic7654321

• 2 weeks later...
have you guys hear or found and info about the new rs4 2009 i belive its going to be a v6 bi turbo has anyone else found any other infomation

Audi are launching the new S4 in 2009 - it's a supercharged V6. I think the people you spoke to at your Audi dealer are getting confused.

:grin: welcome to TSN GotRS, nice wheels +++

Someone was telling me today the next RS4 could be both supercharged+turbocharged...possible?

The other rumour is that it will be a twin turbo V8 "the same as the RS5".

So long as it's a V8 I'll be happy - the sound of a V6 (even if it's super- and turbo-charged) just doesn't do anything for me.

So long as it's a V8 I'll be happy - the sound of a V6 (even if it's super- and turbo-charged) just doesn't do anything for me.

Not even the 380 bhp bi-turbo V6 original RS4? :confused:

Yes, I'm biased, because there's one in the next village that drives past every morning - not quite a V8, but oh, the sound +++

I agree they are on your average jo bloggs chav-mobile, but when you're running high boost on tuned engines, they're there to stop the turbo "stalling" when you lift off (the pressurised air has nowhere to go), otherwise you get chronic lag while the turbo spools up again.

You only need recirc valves if you're running a MAF, otherwise it gets all confused and sends duff info to the ECU. Also, on engines running high boost, you need to be able to vent all the pressurised air asap, because there's so much being forced through to the throttle body, only to be stopped by the butterfly valve.

The other disadvantage of recirc valves is that you're putting already warm air back into the inlet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

someone on the rs246 forum has pointed out that the engine picture in the above link to the audi engine factory website is from the concept car audi avantissimo 2001 and couldn't be the new rs4/5 engine as there is also no fuel regulators on top needed for fsi technology,so audi's new rs engine is still unknown.link here Audi Avantissimo - a New Form of Dynamism and Luxury