Audi S4 Cabiolet for sale - 2006

Leon3000

Looks great Paul, hope you get good bidders in what can only be described as a very difficult market +++

Have you got anything else coming, as cab's sell best in the spring.

Hi Dave,

I'm in no rush to sell the car, I am looking to get into an AMV8 as prices are very tempting now!

I've had one enquiry this week, asked me to send photo's but have not heard back as yet....it is absolutely immaculate so I'm confident if someone is genuinely after a B7 S4 then mine will be unbeatable. Quite literally not one mark on her anywhere (and she has never spent a night outside)!

I have never said anything about the price of anyone's car that they are selling before but fella, you are so far off the mark with that its unbelievable.

That car books trade at £17950 (in reality about £16k) and retails at £20k

Think you're looking at the B6 shape on those figures, had this problem with an AM dealers glasses guide - he could'nt get his head around it but eventually quoted far higher than that!!!! I gather retail is around £28.5k.Oh - and why is my avatar showing as Citreon - I cant see that in the CP????

Edited by Leon3000

Nope. Defo B7.

But good luck anyway+++

What car have just come up with this, not accounting for Tiptronic, Bose etc etc and mine was 53k new...

FREE VALUATION

Audi A4 Cabriolet (05-) 4.2 S4 2dr 2006 (06)17,000 miles

Dealer £25,580

Private £24,645

Part exchange £21,355

Trade £20,535

Cost new £43,025

I doubt a free glass's guide will be taking into account the current climate. Im sure booster as he works in the car trade knows exactly what he's talking about. I dont, and even i can see that S4 is hugely overpriced given the current economic climate.. but good luck!

Erm - who said it was a free glasses guide? Direct from a contact in the trade today...are you looking to buy an S4?

Well whats the issue - mine is in line with other 2006 S4 Cabs on the open market, if it does'nt sell I'll keep it. I never doubted anybody knows what they are talking about - but I can only base my price on facts that I have investigated, from sources I also know and trust..

God - I did'nt realise it was so easy to offend with a simple 'offered' advert...

Thanks for helping me sell via this post though - much appreciated!

Isn't this about the fourth time you've posted this for sale over the past few months with the same result? Doesn't the fact that everyone has said you've got it overpriced and the fact that you haven't sold it tell you something... Extra's count for nothing on a second hand car, they just make it more desirable... Nav might get you another £500 ish but thats about it. Large engined car prices are currently shocking, am dreading what mine will get if I ever change it...

Now it's no side by side comparison, but look at the attached link :o

Used Audi RS4 4.2 quattro Saloon 4dr - Exeter Audi

March 06 RS4 sal, all the toys- walk in with cash and she's yours for £27k.

Either let the wife drive the S4 or if you really want to sell it, I'd suggest you look at nibbling off 15-20% of the price. Harsh, but that's the reality on big engines at the moment.

Be positive and remember that your get the same cheap motoring up the chain, AM 1 year old 10k at 35% off new +++

Now it's no side by side comparison, but look at the attached link :o

Used Audi RS4 4.2 quattro Saloon 4dr - Exeter Audi

March 06 RS4 sal, all the toys- walk in with cash and she's yours for £27k.

Either let the wife drive the S4 or if you really want to sell it, I'd suggest you look at nibbling off 15-20% of the price. Harsh, but that's the reality on big engines at the moment.

Be positive and remember that your get the same cheap motoring up the chain, AM 1 year old 10k at 35% off new +++

Cheers Chris,

Quite a few more miles and not a cab (albeit RS4) but agreed it is very a tough market..all I'm saying is that as it's winter coming and wet/snow etc I'm really not too bothered until spring (when I'll probably fetch a better price for the cab anyway)...

Been offered 24k as a trade in this morning on an AMV8, but I'm really in no rush (I'm having a house built, trying to run a business, christmas on it's way) and not sure that I'd enjoy a new car right this second...

But that's life - people can always talk numbers with me if they were genuinly interested..

Cheers for the heads up.

Holy sh*t, this thread's got a bit out of control!

The guys's trying to sell his car, he's got the latest Glasses price, why can't you leave it at that?!

There's a difference between an asking price and how much someone actually takes for it. I've always priced a car over what I'm prepared to accept for it, because then the buyer feels great about "negotiating a bargain price" and I've got the money I wanted.

Best of luck selling it Paul +++

Jesus - I was joking (hence the bless me comment) - give it a rest people and leave me to do with my car what I choose...

I am not wet behind the ears by any means and am big enough to investigate prices etc myself. One thing to have an opinion, another to ram it down my throat.

It does seem totally harsh that a for sale thread decends into so many people expressing opinions around price, and not the item itself.

If you sell it as a result of someone seeing it here, it will be a miracle. Alomst worth trying to get the thread removed, and start again.

Some forums wont actually allow threads to be replied to in the For Sale sections, I guess its to stop this sort of activity.

By all means pass on your opinion to the guy via a PM, but to wholeheartedly undermine his price in the thread is a little strong I reckon.

But, thats just my opinion, and you guys are more than welcome to your opinion too.

(thank god that Autotrader and Rightmove dont allow people to post an opinion on the cars /houses for sale on their websites!!)