Top Gear 23rd

CarMad

A great set of laps, kinda confirms that the Veyron might be bloody quick in a straight line but not around a circuit. I bet Peter Stevens and Gordon Murray watched that with a rye smile, I know I did. :grin:

The Mclaren F1 and Zonda just sound soooo much better than the Veyron to me. :notworthy:

iPlayer is a pain in the a*se, esp. because you've got to sit at the computer or laptop to watch it. It's repeated Wednesday at 7pm.

That Veyron sounds too muted on film, although they sound like bloody thunder when they do a standing start when you're close to them.

I loved the econorace, really fancy doing something like that.

Start in the UK and see who get's the furthest before they run out +++

I noticed that dent in the Veyron too - thats going to be expensive repair.

I'd take the Zonda tho' - amazing car. Can't wait for the new mode 'C9' next year

Veyron here please, the Zonda's interior it a bit shouty, plus the Veyron sound like an old radial engine from a Junkers Aircraft. White though ? FFS we're not in Dubai ! Wrong wrong wrong !

Veyron here please, the Zonda's interior it a bit shouty, plus the Veyron sound like an old radial engine from a Junkers Aircraft. White though ? FFS we're not in Dubai ! Wrong wrong wrong !

At last, some sense!

Nicely put TDK.

The Veyron sounded awesome - deep, deep sound as if it wasn't revving much or hard.

The fat arsed Zonda was like wailing banshee by comparison. Hideous.

The Veyron looked great - apart from being in white.

Lap wise? bugger all in it really. Showed both cars can circuit a lap really quickly.

The fat arsed Zonda was like wailing banshee by comparison. Hideous.

The W16 sounds awesome, but a wailing V12 any day for me +++

Lap wise? bugger all in it really. Showed both cars can circuit a lap really quickly.

Agreed, but, as with anything else, it's all about headlines.

During the econotest, did anyone else notice JC's Jag's centre console display changing colour from blue to green and back again? (I had not touched a drop).

Seemed wierd.

The big XJ looked like the small X in that colour too.

And however good the engine, that display & fascia were a bit poor for such a car.

May's Subaru dash & fascia looked much better.