Lexus 48 hour test drive !

theduisbergkid

Got to the boot sizes for an A4 Avant within 5 mouse clicks.

Still no joy on the Lexus web****e - well for the LS anyhow - found it for all the others - in m3 - WTF is that about - give me litres and I can compare it with everything else out there.

Or is this a cunning trick by Lexus as their boots are titchy???

Oh, and where are the estates - how am I supposed to nip up the tip??

Don't suggest an Rx as I'm a bloke and not a school run mum!!

As and is22d se owner i can confirm the boot is tiny , the rear legroom is pityful , the reliability is woeful the fuel consumption bordering on libelus , and genrally the worst car lexus ever prodused ...

oh and befre mr maindealer jumps on his high horse we have had a long string of the competitors so i know my apples .... and don't quote me euro 5 complience on the economy thing , the lexus diesel is crap.

oh Mr Lexusmain dealer tell the boys and girls what the manual says is the correct speed to change into 6th gear ?

go on tell them .

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As and is22d se owner i can confirm the boot is tiny , the rear legroom is pityful , the reliability is woeful the fuel consumption bordering on libelus , and genrally the worst car lexus ever prodused ...

oh and befre mr maindealer jumps on his high horse we have had a long string of the competitors so i know my apples .... and don't quote me euro 5 complience on the economy thing , the lexus diesel is crap.

oh Mr Lexusmain dealer tell the boys and girls what the manual says is the correct speed to change into 6th gear ?

go on tell them .

You are correct my friend, it is pooh. Thankfully the new model (arriving in showrooms now so please get down to your nearest dealership and have a look) will be available for release in March and it is much better indeed. CO2 levels are at 148 and it is greatly improved.

Just found a conversion website for m3 to litres....

The RX400h has a boot capacity of 0.439m3 thats 439 litres to you an me guv'nor.

The GS460 has a boot capacity of 0.430m3, thats 430 litres.

So some of the 'biggest' cars on the road... let's compare...

Ford Fiesta - with steel wheel - 281 litres

Ford Fiesta - with tyre repair - 295 litres

Ford Fusion - with seats 'up' - 337 litres

Ford Focus hatch - with full spare - 282 litres

- with mini spare - 385 litres

Ford Focus saloon - with full spare - 467 litres

- with mini spare - 526 litres

So there you have it - a Ford Focus SALOON has more boot space than a whopping great Lexus 4x4 or saloon - even the Fusion and Fiesta aren't that far off!!

LMD - Regarding 'sell me a car'. You fail. Miserably. You spout on about quality, coffee and fancy showrooms. I (and all the other potential customers on TSN) care not a jot for hot air. Sure, once a potential customer is in the showroom, you can get to work on 'em, but you have to entice them there in the first place. Can you do that ? Tip - We're interested in cars, not rhetoric. Even Kia will give you a free coffee (I guess, I've never been in) :rolleyes:

I stand by my original comment, you're not a Main Dealer, I guess you're a used-car salesman in a bad mood, or a bored kid. Your attitude, spelling and approach on a subject that has had 12000+ hits have been way short of what Lexus would expect of their staff.

Whoever you are, and whatever your motive, I wish you a relaxing weekend. I'm now off to the pub. :)

LMD - Regarding 'sell me a car'. You fail. Miserably. You spout on about quality, coffee and fancy showrooms. I (and all the other potential customers on TSN) care not a jot for hot air. Sure, once a potential customer is in the showroom, you can get to work on 'em, but you have to entice them there in the first place. Can you do that ? Tip - We're interested in cars, not rhetoric. Even Kia will give you a free coffee (I guess, I've never been in) :rolleyes:

I stand by my original comment, you're not a Main Dealer, I guess you're a used-car salesman in a bad mood, or a bored kid. Your attitude, spelling and approach on a subject that has had 12000+ hits have been way short of what Lexus would expect of their staff.

Whoever you are, and whatever your motive, I wish you a relaxing weekend. I'm now off to the pub. :)

This site / thread what ever you want to call it has been made popular by my loyal fan base (utter ****) blasing you pretentious half-wits taking yourselfs far too seriously. Get a life or have a ****!

You are correct my friend, it is pooh. Thankfully the new model (arriving in showrooms now so please get down to your nearest dealership and have a look) will be available for release in March and it is much better indeed. CO2 levels are at 148 and it is greatly improved.

Which engine is that? That's about the same as a 3 Litre Twin Turbo Bimmer.

Just found a conversion website for m3 to litres....

The RX400h has a boot capacity of 0.439m3 thats 439 litres to you an me guv'nor.

The GS460 has a boot capacity of 0.430m3, thats 430 litres.

So some of the 'biggest' cars on the road... let's compare...

Ford Fiesta - with steel wheel - 281 litres

Ford Fiesta - with tyre repair - 295 litres

Ford Fusion - with seats 'up' - 337 litres

Ford Focus hatch - with full spare - 282 litres

- with mini spare - 385 litres

Ford Focus saloon - with full spare - 467 litres

- with mini spare - 526 litres

So there you have it - a Ford Focus SALOON has more boot space than a whopping great Lexus 4x4 or saloon - even the Fusion and Fiesta aren't that far off!!

I'm pleased that you have gone to the trouble of finding irrelevant ****e. Thank you for doing this and I'll cross it off my list of things to do.

Ah yes - the IS 220d SE. The car with the superfluous 6th gear...

yep the manual officially says do not use 6th gear below 75mph .

but then the manual says it does 45+ mpg but i have never seen that ever

list of warrenty bits so far in 40k is .

new clutch

1 new flywheel

1 new cat

1 new egr vlave

2 5th injectors

3 remaps

1 rear view mirror

1 compte front suspention assembly drivers side

and now at a cost of £6499 it needs a drivers seat ...

yep the manual officially says do not use 6th gear below 75mph .

but then the manual says it does 45+ mpg but i have never seen that ever

list of warrenty bits so far in 40k is .

new clutch

1 new flywheel

1 new cat

1 new egr vlave

2 5th injectors

3 remaps

1 rear view mirror

1 compte front suspention assembly drivers side

and now at a cost of £6499 it needs a drivers seat ...

If you drive like a complete fecking arsewipe then you will have problems like with any car you stupid cock. You don't actually own a Lexus (I know this because you would be chased out of the showroom for being a cnut) so stop talking rubbish whilst I climb back on my sister.

Edited by bazza_g
comedy - play nice

If you drive like a complete fecking arsewipe then you will have problems like with any car you stupid cock. You don't actually own a Lexus (I know this because you would be chased out of the showroom for being a cnut) so stop talking rubbish and climb back on your sister.

How about minding your language? We're more than happy to hear your opinions, I for one find them interesting and entertaining, but sort that attitude out please - there's no need for that.

If you drive like a complete fecking arsewipe then you will have problems like with any car you stupid cock. You don't actually own a Lexus (I know this because you would be chased out of the showroom for being a cnut) so stop talking rubbish and climb back on your sister.

What do you think Lexus UK would make of that statement? Wouldn't be too hard for them to find out who you are - everything posted on th'internet is traceable after all - or didn't you know that?