Setting up my Plasma screen. Settings?

Ari

When we installed the screen, it appears the default setting of everything (brightness, contrast, all of that) is centred. To be fair, it's a superb picture, but I wonder, should I be fiddling with them?

I also discovered that the screen mode was "dynamic". I recall reading that this was to impress punters in the shop so I've changed this to "normal", which I think is a bit better.

Anyway, any advice on setting everything up? I read somewhere that I should turn off the intelligent picture predicting software, but haven't messed with that (and don't honestly know where that is anyway).

Interested to know what people think?

If you've got an animated film on DVD, Monsters inc for example or anything like that, they usually have a THX setup thing for the picture, very good in my experience.

I can vouch for the THX set up. IIRC it was on my Pearl Harbour DVD .

Out of curiosity, I did this as a comparison to Gizze's optimum settings for the PX70.

Not one of the settings was more than +/- 1 increments out and i couldnt spot the difference, so stuck with Gizze's

You wouldn't have a link to that post would you?

not to the post, there are several, but i do have my settings (Gizze's) from a PM.

My settings are (42" PX70 Panasonic Plasma)

contrast 70%

colour 50%

Brightness around 45%

Sharpness one click right from centre.

Colour temp NORMAL

Picture mode NORMAL.

All dnr etc. set to off.

I worked out how many clicks per option made the bars 100% full and pretty much set it up from there.

Edit: I should add, i havent had to, or wanted to touch it since. Set and forget +++

Edited by Paul

Plasma's need a few 100 hours of running in. Keep everything below 50% for a month.

This will condition the screen and help it build up a tolerance to screen burn. Under no circumstances leave it fixed on a screen for any length of time.

So avoid screen pause via DVD, and avoid holding the set on any screen menu or guide for any great length of time.

The Panasonic should look fine at the settings suggested +++