Is December a good month to buy a BMW

Simonl

Yes Dec is generally regarded as a good month to buy as dealers hit year end and i am sure many would be keen to sell a new X5. Problem may be what they offer you for your old car, assuming of course you are trading in. If you are not trading in then I would imagine that now is a superb time to buy.

Wait.............. till Jan 2009................ some dealerships are still enjoying average sales, this is due IMO to Xmas and new toys are wanted.

Don't what ever you do offer anything like the advertised price, they are greatly inflated as the market is flat, be warned just wait a bit longer.+++

Wait.............. till Jan 2009................ some dealerships are still enjoying average sales, this is due IMO to Xmas and new toys are wanted.

Don't what ever you do offer anything like the advertised price, they are greatly inflated as the market is flat, be warned just wait a bit longer.+++

Totally wrong I'm afraid. The best deals will, and are, being done this side of the new year to meet targets.

The deals in January will not be as strong-especially on new cars.

Totally wrong I'm afraid. The best deals will, and are, being done this side of the new year to meet targets.

The deals in January will not be as strong-especially on new cars.

If you say so, I on the otherhand will be buying the wifes new car "Next year" and I will get a good deal for sure.:)+++

I agree with Gareth in that i don't think the major deals will be on new cars..(although discounts will be there)

nearly new / second owner on the other hand will be a different ball park.

I also agree; it will be "Sales across the board" new sales will deminish considerably IMO.

Oh well, as expected, Park Lane BMW came back with an insulting offer of £11k.

Now I know in the current climate I wasn't expecting three grand above book! but £4k under!!! (without taking into account a penny for options like Nav etc).

The thing is, i'm looking to buy an X5, so it's not like i'm trading down to a flipping Prius.

I told him to knock £4k off the X5 and then we'd start negotiating... didn't think that went down to well. To be fair, that's on the forecourt for book value.

one rule for them hey!?!

If you say so, I on the otherhand will be buying the wifes new car "Next year" and I will get a good deal for sure.:)+++

Yes if you're buying a car next year the deal will still be good, but not as sharp as it would be if by the year end.

Just a simple case of accounts/targets that drive that.

Yep next year will be a "Buyers Bonaza" IMO.:cool:

Yes and no.

Whilst the industry is clearly wanting and needing sales with the economic down turn you will a "tipping point" next year where the reduced production, allocations and sales starts to take affect.

The result is that the market and supply will constrict-it has to as the numbers the importers/manufacturers want are not sustainable anymore-and prices will start to firm up as will supply.

Oh well, as expected, Park Lane BMW came back with an insulting offer of £11k.

Now I know in the current climate I wasn't expecting three grand above book! but £4k under!!! (without taking into account a penny for options like Nav etc).

The thing is, i'm looking to buy an X5, so it's not like i'm trading down to a flipping Prius.

I told him to knock £4k off the X5 and then we'd start negotiating... didn't think that went down to well. To be fair, that's on the forecourt for book value.

one rule for them hey!?!

To be fair Simon they don't have £4k of clear margin in a X5 (or pretty much any car) so if they don't need to sell (because they have hit their targets - and I know that Park Lane have...) so it's not going to happen really.