Brakes

Henry52

They are awesome brakes for track work with Red Stuff pads - never ever fade.

I ran the ECS OEM replacements on my S4 with Red Stuff pads and had the same results - no fading, even at Spa Francorchamps, where you're going from 140 down to 40 for a couple of corners.

Just awesome kit +++

Another question Mook, when you bought the rear kit for your R32 did it come with calipers and were they the same as you already had. I ask because the blurb on the site says "At last a BBK that retains the original calipers" Why would anyone want to buy a set of calipers the same as they have already have. I'm tempted to get the lot fairly soon because those prices aren't going to last long with present exchange rates.

The ECS stage 1 rears retain the OEM caliper.

They supply a larger diameter disc and a new caliper mounting bracket to allow the caliper to be mounted further out to accomodate the larger diameter disc.

Using this set up means you don't need new calipers and or mess about with the handbrake cables.

But whether it actually gives u significantly better braking or overall better balance is very debatable.

I know what your saying about balance, but my current discs and pads have probably only got a few k miles left in them and I don't want to renew them and then wish I had got the bigger stuff. I say this because I modded my E30 M3 by about 140 bhp and then set the standard brakes on fire (literally) first time on a track. I know this car is only lightly modded engine wise but I never know what mods might tempt me in the future.

Yes I u need spacers with the ECS BBK fronts, well you need spacers for the Aristo wheels anyway.

Maybe the OZ's will clear them, you are best off looking for people on VWvortex.com for more info. It's quite possible you'll find someone on there that has that combo of brake and wheel fitted.