Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Golfer

New 7 series 30D

13 posts in this topic

Test drove the new 730D yesterday for two hours.

Found the new I-Drive much better and easier to use, great screen in 3D, side veiw cameras are used for seeing out on tight spots and they divide the screen in half showing both sides of the car and it's very clear.

The engine has loads of torque and it has 245BHP which makes it quick; this coupled to the 3 suspension / engine management settings ;(sport/sport+ and normal driving) gives good performance and much improved handling. Run-flats are used again but they are fine and do not pick up a lot of road noise.

It really drives well IMO and the economy with some good old boot downs returned 42MPG.................:eek:............ yep 42MPG, I was well impressed.

It does feel light compaired to my X6 and only having one turbo you would think it would be sluggish, it aint, and I liked it.

Interior and dash layout are first class and the switching is more like the "Audi" MMI system, with function buttons around the centre dial, its easy to use and commands are new also.

I was impressed overall and would consider one in a year or two.

A twin turbo diesel would really shift.+++

I was impressed overall and would consider one in a year or two.+++

Does that mean that it meets your time criteria in nine days time?

PS My 3.0tdi A8 is now remapped and is actually quite entertaining! Have a good festive season.

Does that mean that it meets your time criteria in nine days time?

PS My 3.0tdi A8 is now remapped and is actually quite entertaining! Have a good festive season.

:roflmao:LOve it, NO I just could not take the "Hit" on the X6, it's staying for a long time. I am glad the A8 has a bit more go, that engine is not the quickest or very economical. Enjoy your Xmas break +++, I had an accident and broke a tooth which has now become infected, hence "ANTIBIOTICS":mad: for the next 5 days:ffs: and :pengy:

NO acohol

No champagne then?

Things are depreciating so much its putting me in the mind set of keeping my old car when buying another. Next autumn I'll probably be saying why buy a new fully loaded S4 for £40k (after 8-10% discount) when I can buy a dealer demo one for £30/33k and keep my six year old S4 as its only worth £5k. Then its there for a blast down memory lane/trips to the supermarket etc for another five years until it fails its MOT and is scrap. Then start the process again. Make sense?

No champagne then?

Things are depreciating so much its putting me in the mind set of keeping my old car when buying another. Next autumn I'll probably be saying why buy a new fully loaded S4 for £40k (after 8-10% discount) when I can buy a dealer demo one for £30/33k and keep my six year old S4 as its only worth £5k. Then its there for a blast down memory lane/trips to the supermarket etc for another five years until it fails its MOT and is scrap. Then start the process again. Make sense?

Yea pritty much, I will buy an X-demo or secondhand next time, I just can't justify another new car, the deals I have done up until now have been really good, but I don't see me getting great PX money for the X635D, so will keep for two years unless someone comes in with a bid. :)

I rather like this approach as I used to buy 'off plan' - both my S4's and my M3 were bought before they were launched and of course I paid a full price. Now I will use the six months after a new car launch to drive it and see if I really like it and then get a deal on a six month old car like I did with the A8 (albeit just a facelift not a new launch in that case).

The values of launch 7 series at six months old will show how well this works.

I rather like this approach as I used to buy 'off plan' - both my S4's and my M3 were bought before they were launched and of course I paid a full price. Now I will use the six months after a new car launch to drive it and see if I really like it and then get a deal on a six month old car like I did with the A8 (albeit just a facelift not a new launch in that case).

The values of launch 7 series at six months old will show how well this works.

My 635DS is up for £37.5K at the dealers it has not covered a mile, it could be had for 30K now cash :eek: thats less than half price in ONE YEAR>:confused: pathetic really. The 7 series will go the same way IMO.

Of course they will, we haggled hard on the 730d sport, 6 months old, £63k list and was up for £49950. We managed to get it for £40k.

However....after 18 months it is now worth £20k at best, so it has still lost over a grand a month and 2 years old lost £1790 a month.

You have to really want these cars.

I still think that he will get £12k for it after 48 months, it is just the first couple of years where the scary losses are.

Of course they will, we haggled hard on the 730d sport, 6 months old, £63k list and was up for £49950. We managed to get it for £40k.

However....after 18 months it is now worth £20k at best, so it has still lost over a grand a month and 2 years old lost £1790 a month.

You have to really want these cars.

I still think that he will get £12k for it after 48 months, it is just the first couple of years where the scary losses are.

Your so right, I am glad I got the spare set of wheels for the X6 ( Y spoke") attachment.php?attachmentid=34857&stc=1&d=1230204911 At least I should not need tyres/wheels till it goes.+++

post-11404-137914425138_thumb.jpg

In autumn 2007 I could have bought an 07 plate 730d M Sport for £38k retail - now that car is £22k retail!

In autumn 2007 I could have bought an 07 plate 730d M Sport for £38k retail - now that car is £22k retail!
Frightening :( God knows what my X635D will be worth in two year time, It may hold up just cos thee ain't many out there.