welcome to the new year!!!!!

camowagen

ive not had the a8 that long but upto now its started to become a bit of a love hate relationship after yesterday.

apart from the few small jobs that needed doing when i bought it i am really happy the big old girl, she has had the cambelt done, new tyres etc and i have just had to bite the bullet and fit an abs sensor (£115 !!!).

then the other day she started to squeek from the n/s front suspension and it sounded awful. after a liberal spraying of wd40 the squeek went, great until 2 days later the other side decided to start and no amount of wd was going to stop it.

me and my mechanic mate then decided that the only way to stop it was to remove the suspension components one by one to find the faulty part. 2 hours later the thing was still squeeking and just as we were about to give up when we inadvertantly sprayed the cv boot and it stopped.

but the best thing about all this was when i reversed off the pit the front bumper ripped off and has cracked all one corner of what was my mint low mile a8. I CANT WIN!!!

anyway happy new year to all of you and if anyone has a bumper for a 97 silver 8 ly7 something colour code then let me know.

ive not had the a8 that long but upto now its started to become a bit of a love hate relationship after yesterday.

apart from the few small jobs that needed doing when i bought it i am really happy the big old girl, she has had the cambelt done, new tyres etc and i have just had to bite the bullet and fit an abs sensor (£115 !!!).

then the other day she started to squeek from the n/s front suspension and it sounded awful. after a liberal spraying of wd40 the squeek went, great until 2 days later the other side decided to start and no amount of wd was going to stop it.

me and my mechanic mate then decided that the only way to stop it was to remove the suspension components one by one to find the faulty part. 2 hours later the thing was still squeeking and just as we were about to give up when we inadvertantly sprayed the cv boot and it stopped.

but the best thing about all this was when i reversed off the pit the front bumper ripped off and has cracked all one corner of what was my mint low mile a8. I CANT WIN!!!

anyway happy new year to all of you and if anyone has a bumper for a 97 silver 8 ly7 something colour code then let me know.

The mechanical problems I can cope with and actually enjoy! :D

Damaging the bodywork would reduce me to tears. Unlucky m8. A8 parts would be your best bet.

Mike

hi, sounds like my start to a8 ownership, had oil leak from gearbox then pulled off my lower front bumper, looked a right mess and really peeved me off, now 6 months latter and 6000 miles i still love it, its all about keeping on top of all the little niggly jobs. enjoy