Overthinking the situation?

louboolicious

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you are happy then things are ok thats fine.

If it was me personally and someone I'd been going out with for 5 years didn't answer the phone or get back to me I wouldn't be at all happy. Honesty and good communications and above all trust need to be the corner stones of any relationship. Sorry if this is string things up but for me it just doesn't seem right, but in your relationship maybe its normal.:o

Nope i agree with you car mad, for him to do that really made me question whether i want to be with him? I would never ignore him for 2 days and then give an excuse like that. We're having a "break" for two weeks..which i think will result in us breaking up. Maybe its for the best!

Stooh my bday is at the start of March, think they maybe were planning something! He mentioned expensive handbags (an obsession of mine) etc etc...so i think i've bolloxed that up! haha but nevermind, i'd rather be in a happy relationship..or happily single and know what im doing than be ignored and treated with no respect

Nope i agree with you car mad, for him to do that really made me question whether i want to be with him? I would never ignore him for 2 days and then give an excuse like that. We're having a "break" for two weeks..which i think will result in us breaking up. Maybe its for the best!

Stooh my bday is at the start of March, think they maybe were planning something! He mentioned expensive handbags (an obsession of mine) etc etc...so i think i've bolloxed that up! haha but nevermind, i'd rather be in a happy relationship..or happily single and know what im doing than be ignored and treated with no respect

Positive thinking there Loob +++

I don't know you or your boyfriend but from what I've read so far the break seems like an excellent idea, and this might sound harsh but I think you should make it permanent.

After 4.5 years together you don't trust him, and maybe you have good reasons for this, but either way a relationship without trust has no future.

If I was your boyfriend I would be gutted to learn that after 4.5 years you didn't trust me and your best mate to be alone together. I wouldn't be best pleased (in fact I would be horrified) that you had been discussing something as personal as this on an internet forum, and under the circumstances I would probably be the one doing the dumping.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but there seems to be a fundamental lack of trust and communication and personally I couldn't conceive having a long term relationship without those things.

I do hope you get things sorted out one way or the other and you make the right decision for you and him.

Best of luck!

I'm not sure, you either want to be with someone or you don't so I've never do the break thing.

But I guess its a time for both to think do you want to be with them or not. Ask yourself what is the 'THE' thing that you like and love about him and why do you want to be with him. I've asked many people this that have got divorced and they have said I don't know. If you are the same I think you have the answer as to what you need to do after the 'break'. +++