Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mervyn

Damaged cars

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

Anyone know of any websites selling accident damage cars?

Looking for a cheap motor and a new hobby.

Cheers.

Merv

Trawl eBay and Autotrader - there's loads on both. I found a few when I was looking for a replacement car for Mrs Mook that came up in a price range they shouldn't have (e.g. low mileage 2005 cars coming up for 2003 car money).

Search eBay for cars with Cat D in the auction.

If you buy autotrader mag, then in the back sections they have people who are breakers and selling insurance write offs

Beware of dodgyness on eBay - just a quick search for Cat D brings these two nice vehicles up, from apparently 2 different sellers, yet the writing style is identical and they are both based in Halifax - iffy, I'd say?!?

Trade palming off 'rubbish' as private sellers maybe??

2008 08 REG MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO X GSR FQ300 SST CAT D on eBay, also, Mitsubishi, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Jan-09 20:37:10 GMT)

2008 58 REG HONDA CIVIC RED TYPE S GT CAT D REPAIRED on eBay, also, Honda, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 09-Jan-09 19:33:11 GMT)

I would be wary of buying from e-bay aswell..

you need to make sure that it is structurally sound.. if you have a bent chassis, for example, then you'll be trying to sort it forever. :(

Don't use eBay as the definitive "buy it blind" option though. Feck, if you're buying ANY car on eBay, you need to look at it before you bid or buy it.

If you don't then sorry, but more the fool you.