removing boot panel on A4 avant to get at wiper motor!

patch

Hi guys hope some one can help with this small problem.

I have an issue with my rear wiper motor on 03 A4 avant its running all the time. have looked through a lot of threads on this and recon I have to replace motor..i'm having serious trouble getting rear panel off the boot. have 4 screws out and all 6 clips relased but its still hanging in by both corners up at window.. how do i get it off???thanks

• 1 month later...

Removing and installing rear lid trim (bottom)Special tools and workshop equipment required t Front-end hook -3370- 1 - Luggage compartment lightq Removing and installing 2 - Bolts (4x)q Tightening torque: 1.5 Nm3 - Rear lid trim (bottom)t Removing:– Open flap for warning triangle and detach warning triangle.– Unscrew bolts -2- (4x).– Disengage fasteners (left and right) at top of trim using front-end hook -3370-– Carefully pull spring clips -4- of trim at bottom right and left out of rear lid.– Reach between trim and rear lid and disengage four more spring clips -4-.– Detach trim.t Installing:Install in reverse order of removal. Observe the following:– Make sure trim engages in trim panel at rear lid lock. Caution

Make sure trim is properly secured.4 - Spring clips (6x)

Disengaging trim (bottom) from fastener– Disengage fastener (left and right) at top of trim using front-end hook -3370--arrow-.

post-4287-13791442882_thumb.jpg

post-4287-137914428821_thumb.jpg

post-4287-137914428822_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
thanks for the posts, we managed it with an aftermarket tool available from any good kitchen drawer - no need for an expensive trip to Audi. See photo.

Nice one, I didn't manage to try it yet. Can the motor be somehow repaired? Or I have to change the whole unit? I assume that the part will be common in whole VW portfolio, so Skoda Octavia Combi should have the same right? (At least from sight from outside)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi folks, this is the exact problem that i have - thanks for the instructions - i have just fashioned myself a release tool also, will try it tonight. My motor is dead, which i think is due to a blocked washer nozzle - i guess the fluid went back into the motor. Does anyone know if it is possible to re-condition these motors rather than pay Audi 83 quid for one?

thanks

Havin made a release tool, I am still no closer to removing the trim. Once I have removed the 4 screws - i can pull the trim away from the boot by about 1 cm - enough to get my release tool in. But I can't seem to find what you guys are talking about. Can anyone describe the removal of these spring clips? thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
thanks for the posts, we managed it with an aftermarket tool available from any good kitchen drawer - no need for an expensive trip to Audi. See photo.

Hi

I have made a tool, but have no idea where to put it. I realise it is the window side of the trim, not the boot lock side as shown on the diagram.

I've got all of the clips out so its just hanging from the window side and I can see where the end of the tool comes through into the void between the boot and the trim. At either end there is a metal plate so I cant et the tool through there, and inbetween is just space, so I can't figure out where the clips are.

Can anyone help?

I can send photos if it helps..

Matt

My rear wiper motor failed spectacularly a few weeks ago (smoke pouring out while I was driving along, so I had to pop the fuse to remove power to both wipers - bad mistake Audi, the front and rear wipers should have separate fuses).

Rang my wife when I got home as she works next door to the local Audi dealer, by the time she got home half an hour later I had the tailgate trim off - you just have to use "controlled violence" to pull out the clips, there's no need for a special tool - and by the time she had made a cuppa the new motor was fitted and working and the tailgate trim was back on.

Surprisingly the Haynes A4 manual has a very good set of instructions and photos, so if you're still struggling I suggest you either take a look at a copy in a local Halfords or even buy a copy.