VWRacing-KW-V3 Suspension REVIEW....

RedRobin

^^^^

I'm always careful over ramps and speed bumps etc anyway, so I'm not having to re-program my driving brain in that respect.

It's a very slippery slope, not in order of importance but you quickly realise you need a remap, exhaust, brakes, and suspension.

And a course, such as with Big John at Drivetrain is to be highly recommended too, to remap your driving brain!

I will say though, that this kind of suspension probably isn't going to be liked by your wifey or g'friend unless she's a bit of a 'driver' herself.

And also, if you're sharing use, you might be greeted with the words:

"Honey, I think something's happened to the car - There was an awful scraping sound".

slippery_slope.jpg

I've been out to test my new suspension on a 44-mile circuit of local roads this morning - About 80% being twisty B-roads. The surface was damp, with wet patches but drying out - A mixture.

I'm finding that although she feels hard, not harsh or jolting, on rough surfaces at slow 10-25 mph speeds, she feels extremely smooooth at higher speeds. She feels so flatly planted that I hardly knew I'd been through those twisties, although I could occasionally feel the Quaife maintaining traction. The combination of the VWR-KW-V3's, Whiteline AntiLift kit, Quaife diff, and Mark's expert setting up, has resulted in my car feeling even more enjoyable to drive. Who cares about how big or small my bhp is!

I'm really pleased that my KoniFSD's failed!

+++:)+++

I've been out to test my new suspension on a 44-mile circuit of local roads this morning - About 80% being twisty B-roads. The surface was damp, with wet patches but drying out - A mixture.

I'm finding that although she feels hard, not harsh or jolting, on rough surfaces at slow 10-25 mph speeds, she feels extremely smooooth at higher speeds. She feels so flatly planted that I hardly knew I'd been through those twisties, although I could occasionally feel the Quaife maintaining traction. The combination of the VWR-KW-V3's, Whiteline AntiLift kit, Quaife diff, and Mark's expert setting up, has resulted in my car feeling even more enjoyable to drive. Who cares about how big or small my bhp is!

I'm really pleased that my KoniFSD's failed!

+++:)+++

Now that sounds like a happy man! Glad it's worked out better than good for you, RR.

Could you pm me should you a) recieve a replacement from Koni; and b) wish to sell them? Thanks. +++

....Certainly. I've added you to the list and you're #2.

a) - I'll be very surprised indeed if Koni don't accept mine as failed and would take it further due to VWR's inspection. So a sealed box of their latest should arrive. I'm told by Awesome that it is likely to take several weeks though.

b) - I definitely will be selling them. I won't be changing my new suspension and if it needs different settings, Mark at VWR is my man!

I've kept my Eibach ARB's but will have my Eibach Pro-Kit springs (50k miles) for sale too.

+++