First professional detail

JonC

The weather here in Edinburgh has been bright and sunny, albeit very cold, this weekend, so I mananged to get a top up of AG HD on top of the Colli 467s. The Monza's got 2 coats of SRP today, too. +++

I spoke too soon; we had 3" of the car-dirtying snow fall over night. Still, paintwork even more protected now and underneath the snow, the paint looks stunning with depth and shine. :)

From a 'looks' point of view. Could you tell much of a difference between the 476 and the HD wax? I keep thinking about trying some HD wax some time.

It's always good to wash a dirty well waxed car - so much easier as the grime doesn't cling so well - especially this time of year!

To be honest, they look pretty much the same. The 467 is so damn durable, even road salt flung from the gritters bounces off the car with to no detriment I didn't need to top up, but had the opportunity due to the weather and had the HD to hand. The 467 left a hard and beautiful deep shine and the HD has merely added to the glossy appeal. I can't see any difference, but to be honest, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for or if I could confidently describe different looks from wax applications. What I do know is that water sits up in huge rounded droplets and sheets off the bodywork as if floating over silk and when I walk away from the car, I'm looking over my shoulder back at the car an admiring the shine. Mind you, I've done that from day one as I love it so much! :)

Yeah, I love looking at beading. I find myself peering higher out of my seat in the rain to watch the beads fly up to bonnet like mercury...how sad is that! :o:rolleyes:

Right, I guess it's sad because I'm the same!! Worse still, here are some photos of beading ... ! The GTI has just done 50 miles on a motorway, but managed to stay fairly clean. The Lexus covered about 4 miles (Mrs. Fresco doesn't get around much).

Sorry about the image quality, but I took the pics in the garage a moment ago and we have energy-saving lights in there - and with the flash on, the images are just ghosting off the shine! Anyway, here they are ....

post-13029-137914428246_thumb.jpg

post-13029-137914428251_thumb.jpg