RS6 V10 24hr test drive

Andyuk911

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking Dave...Merlot lives to talk down the values of cars he fancies buying to when they are cheap as chips....

There is a specific reason the values of used RS6 avants have been are-aligned and it's going to cost Audi UK an awful lot of money..............................

Wouldn't it be great if we could move the market like that? I doubt that my bearish views on value will make a slightly abused RS6 worth £50k rather than £55k. I just happen to think that that is where the market is going fast. Value will be there in spring to autumn 2009 that just won't exist in 2010 as supply is cut and demand reappears. Load that with a new government and 2010 will end on pretty fair terms that will make now look like the pit of disappear.

Well, there is obviously an A List and a B List as I've just been invited for a test drive but not a 24 hour one!

If I were in the market for an £80k car I'd deffo want at least 24hrs with the car, they can feck off if they think I'll spend an hour in one and part with the cash!

About a year and a half ago I asked BMW for a 24 hour test drive of a Z4 M coupe but they wouldn't do it, I was serious about getting one - their loss! I then got a call from their customer service department asking about my "experience" with BMW... err how stupid do you need to be?

Recent test drive experiences :

Audi A4 : 1+ hour unaccompanied

Merc C Class : 2.5 hours unaccompanied

BMW 3 series : 25 mins with sales rep

Since the Mrs also wanted to drive the car, we each had around 10 mins driving the BMW each.

OK we got a taste of it and was impressed by the auto gear box but would I part with my cash after 25 mins. No chance.

I agree with Muppetboy. If you're spending thousands then you should be able to secure it for 24 hours or even a weekend.

I have received one of these invitations. 24 Hours and an asterisk!

* 24 hour test drives are subject to availability and are at the participating retailer's discretion.

Hmmmm. So I rock up in my 11 year old S8 and say where's the pocket rocket so far out of my financial resources I can't even dream of one and they'll give it to me for 24 hours?

S'pose I won't know till I try.............:cool:

Mike

I have received one of these invitations. 24 Hours and an asterisk!

* 24 hour test drives are subject to availability and are at the participating retailer's discretion.

Hmmmm. So I rock up in my 11 year old S8 and say where's the pocket rocket so far out of my financial resources I can't even dream of one and they'll give it to me for 24 hours?

S'pose I won't know till I try.............:cool:

Mike

Just make sure you say 'pretty please?'!

Leave your Amex black with them too, as 'deposit'. :roflmao: (cut one out of a paper and make sure they see the top of it in the wallet)

Recent test drive experiences :

Audi A4 : 1+ hour unaccompanied

Merc C Class : 2.5 hours unaccompanied

BMW 3 series : 25 mins with sales rep

Since the Mrs also wanted to drive the car, we each had around 10 mins driving the BMW each.

OK we got a taste of it and was impressed by the auto gear box but would I part with my cash after 25 mins. No chance.

I agree with Muppetboy. If you're spending thousands then you should be able to secure it for 24 hours or even a weekend.

I had an E92 BMW M3 for the weekend, had it friday afternoon and took it back sunday afternoon! What a cracking car!

Just make sure you say 'pretty please?'!

Leave your Amex black with them too, as 'deposit'. :roflmao: (cut one out of a paper and make sure they see the top of it in the wallet)

They will probably tell you they don’t take Amex!!!!

That doesn’t even work, a my god farther is extremely “buoyant” asked if he could have a test RS6 Avant for half a day offered to leave a Coutts Credit card and they told him this would not be acceptable they if he wanted could call him and let him know when they could fit him in for a regular test (its also worth mentioning that from the same dealer he has brought new Audis every year for his wife and three children…so they have a fair idea of his buoyancy)….he went and brought a B63 E class estate.

Just shows how all dealers are different. I remember when I bought my used 3200GT back in 2000, one dealer wouldn't let me test drive the car I was interested in until we had done a deal whereas another dealer let me test drive his car - when we got back, we negotiated a deal and I paid a deposit. First dealer (on the A30) was upset but had made very little effort other thank being blonde, thin and female. Instead I bought from a fat, bald bloke!

It does amaze me some stealers just shot themselves in the foot but not offering good long test drives.

It pays to shop around, I have had some great deals "ONCE" with each stealer I have delt with, shop around til you find one thats looking to meet the target; never go back to a previous showroom unless a great deals offered again.:)

• 2 months later...
They're both different to the the Gallardo 5l V10 block too, and Audi had more than a hand in that.

That's Audi all over though - new engine mad. Consider the W12, where Audi adopted (very briefly) the VW one made from two VR6 blocks on a common crank, and made their own for the production run of D2 W12s. Then made a slightly dfferent version for the D3.

Coming back to the RS 6 briefly, given that Gumpert tune the old RS 6 4.2 V8 to over 700 bhp, I wonder what the unleashed potential of the V10 block is? I'm going to take a stab at 850+ bhp assuming straight pipes etc. Current chip-only for the C6 RS 6 seems to be around the 700 PS to 710 PS mark.

I didn't realise they made a W12 D2?