Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audi_novice

Doors leak

5 posts in this topic

Both doors on my A3 have a leak when it rains. The leak seems to be coming from the door seal at the top of the door.. Do i need to replace the seal? Is this a common problem ?

Has anyone had the doors off to do any work?

I had this problem with the drivers door as the garage had not reseated it properly after fitting a new wiring loom. I also got a rushing sound through the top of the door when driving at speed

I took it back and they sorted the door alignment

It hasnt had any work done since I got the car but its possible it did have before i got it. Ill get it checked out. Thanks

Both doors on my A3 have a leak when it rains. The leak seems to be coming from the door seal at the top of the door.. Do i need to replace the seal? Is this a common problem ?

I had this problem a few years ago with my A3....the car was only a few months old....On one occasion after a severe storm there was literally a puddle in the rear, passenger side footwell.The door seals and the entire interior carpets were replaced under warranty....a friend had a leaky door seal on a Seat Cupra,so this could be a common problem....strangly I had exactly the same issue with a Toyota Celica 15yrs ago....again everything replaced under warrenty....So I have to ask the question....Is your car still under warrenty?.....if it`s not I have a strange feeling that the replacing door seals is probably a black art...if you`v never done it before or don`t know what your doing you may end up making the problem worse.