Thoughts on these options...

timperrett

Hey guys,

Im on the verge of hitting the "I want one of those" button and wanted to get some feedback on the options im looking at if thats ok?

Scirocco 2.0 TSI with:

Cruise Control

Metallic Paint (Rising blue)

Rear Parking Sensors

Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Carpet Matts

Flat Tyre Indicator

I've toyed with the idea of adding the Dynaudio pack, but im worried that it comes with a CD changed as standard which would mean id loose the MDI right?

Any thoughts / suggestions on these options is most welcome (if they suck, I wanna know!!)

Cheers

Tim

It doesn't measure the pressures, it just measures the rolling radius/time and if the tyre is going flat, that will go outside the accepted parameters and warn you.

I'd drop the mats. The dealer should give you those for free. Ask for the premium ones with scirocco written on them :)

You don't lose the MDI with Dynaudio, you just get a different amp/speakers. The standard RCD510 head unit has a built in 6 disk changer, SD card input and MDI for ipod/usb connections.

Ok thats interesting - Im not sure that the RCD510 has a built in changer?! Im pretty sure its a dash mounted one that comes as an option if you go for the navigation system right?

After looking at the price list in more detail, if i go for the stand alone Dynaudio system, i wont loose the MDI - I guess this is what your saying right?

If you download the Scirocco price list pdf you should see them under the dealer fit options

Have you got a link to that price list? Looking at:

http://cdn.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/pricelists/scirocco-pricelist.pdf

There is no section that details dealer fit options?

Cheers

Tim

I had leather in my demo car, but frankly, I dont think it was worth 1500 quid.... my local dealer had one in there showroom with the merlin cloth and i actually thought that was more comfortable to sit in.

The tyre sensor i would imagine is a more of a guide - i usually check tyres and things before long journeys, but got caught out a while back with a slow puncture so thought for the sake of £30 or whatever it is, having the computer watch that kind of thing might give me a bit of warning - am i being too optimistic?

Cheers

Tim

Cruise Control

Metallic Paint (Rising blue)

Rear Parking Sensors

Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Carpet Matts

Flat Tyre Indicator

All of the above. :) The electric folding door mirrors are particularly useful as is the auto-dip reversing off-side mirror. Personally, I can live without sensors - I also think they spoil the lines of the rear bumper. +++

Just can't see the point of them, especially if you park with care. Now xenons, they are very useful. +++

If you look out the rear window on a Scirocco you don't see much so I reckon the sensors are a good choice.

I agree Xenons are a must, wouldn't have a car without them now but I do a lot of driving when it's dark

I'd have liked xenons, but had the word from VW today that xenons are 100% off the table at the current moment in time. Bit crap, but I don't really want to wait, and I don't have xenons right now so figure I won't know any better... Ignorance is bliss! Haha.

When I had a demo, I had the parking sensors - I'd imagine it would be tricky to park parallel without them - visibility out the rear is Ali

to none!!

There's a supply problem or something with the Rocco and Xenons. It's a shame for the owners. For me, Xenons are a sure sign of a thoroughly modern car and the Rocco is the latest from the VW stable. Hope the wait isn't too long for you, Tim. +++

Just can't see the point of them, especially if you park with care. Now xenons, they are very useful. +++

I have parking sensors on my BMW. They are standard kit on the SE spec.

I wans't fussed about them but you do get used to them for 'peace of mind'.

If you've had them before then I would recommend anyone to have them again because despite I am always extremely careful reversing, I do feel very paranoid and vulnerable when I drive my Golf which doesn't have them.

Previously, I would always have advised against them arguing that care and attention is adequate. I agree though that they do spoil the lines of the car - somehow more so on the rounded arse of the Golf than some other models. :)

I have parking sensors on my BMW. They are standard kit on the SE spec.

I wans't fussed about them but you do get used to them for 'peace of mind'.

If you've had them before then I would recommend anyone to have them again because despite I am always extremely careful reversing, I do feel very paranoid and vulnerable when I drive my Golf which doesn't have them.

Previously, I would always have advised against them arguing that care and attention is adequate. I agree though that they do spoil the lines of the car - somehow more so on the rounded arse of the Golf than some other models. :)

I appreciate what you're saying, TT. Personally, I find them annoying, but I can see how they could be useful in a saloon or something without a hatch back end, or something big and cumbersome like a 4x4. +++