Roomba robot vacuum cleaner

Soulboy

:D

I saw one of these at a friends house and was so impressed that I got one and absolutely love it.

Somebody bought it for me from Costco and I think it was about £160.

The main reason I love it is that its incredibly easy to use.

In my case I have it under a low shelf that the Kitchen bin lives on and its hidden and out of the way.

When I am going out, I just press the clean button and it sets off and does its thing for an hour or so and when I get home it has vacumed everywhere, found its docking station and put itself back on charge.

The only thing you need to do is empty the dust section (which comes out very easily just with one button).

But the other thing I love about it, is the fact that it is very slim (only a few inches high) and therefore goes underneath all the furniture including sofas, TV stand, beds etc - areas that normally dont get done that often.

More positives are that it has a 'cliff sensor' so it wont fall down stairs etc and you also get a little 'lighthouse' which you can put down to stop it going across the invisible beam.

Now, the thing that suits me is that all my downstairs is Walnut flooring which is very dark and used to look dusty all the time. The majority of my downstairs is open plan too, so it works brilliantly here.

Upstairs is all newly carpeted, and it is not as good here. The suction is obviously not as good as a bigger vac, and the dirt container fills up quite quickly with new carpet fluff.

If some of the doors are not wedged open, it can also nudge tham and close them and lock itself in a single room.

I still use it upstairs, but I think you need to give it a go with a full size vac every so often as well.

Another negative is that once or twice it has got snagged on some cables running along the skirting board - so these need to be moved or secured.

All in all, I absolutely love it and cant praise it highly enough if you have solid floors.

This Vid isn't the exact model I have got, but it gives you a good idea of what it does.

YouTube - Roomba

:beer:

Edited by Soulboy

They never set the PIRs off in my house.

As for the voice, the bit on the vid is just a demo mode, which I suppose they use to demonstrate when selling it.

The only time it talks to you after that is just with warnings - mine has only done it once. It stopped when I was seeing if it would vacume the duvet and it said 'check cliff sensors'