Office 2008 on the Mac

Mac

Hi guys

A quick question I was hoping somebody maybe able to answer for me.

If I start Word or Excel on my Mac they automatically start with a blank document. Fair enough. Do you know a way of making them start without starting a new document? I.e. program running, but no document open?

Thanks

Mac

That's what I was thinking - it was a pref option in Office 2004 right???

Ummmm :ffs:

I like my machine to power up and run all the apps I want to start with, but run them minimised (so to speak). Can't do it with office - or rather I'm not sure how :D

As a side note you know I bought a MBP and took it back right? I couldn't cope with the gloss screen - it reflects like an absolute bastard in an office environment so I couldn't cope with it. Also stopped me buying one of the new MBs too, as they're glossy. Was quite disappointed anad as I'd used the MBP for a week or so it made my old one lethargic.

Anyway, guy in our City office happened to mentioned the guard things we use to limit viewing angle had now been issued compatible with the new MBPs. Tried it - absolutely wonderful :grin: No more reflections and yet the screen is just as bright. Admittedly the viewing angle is more shallow from the side but I don't care about.

Very happy with the newer unibody units so far +++

Expose & Spaces are fantastic in my opinion, I use them all the time. Typically I'll have a few virtual machines running for a start - so I allocate them to different screens.

I then have a 'working' screen which has my word/excel on etc. It works really well +++