Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TurboOilBurner

Audi A4 Tdi B6 Vibration!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hello again,

I have B6 1.9 Tdi A4 when me car up to temp steering makes a noise and feels like car is falling apart.....

Sometimes this happens even when cold?????

And just to top things off if im in top gear at 1500 rpm then plant the throttle it vibrates like the gearbox knacked??!??

Hope someone can shed some light on this as its really annoying such a nice car and then this...

Thanks.:ffs::mad::confused:

hiya mate, steering may just have some air in? start engine and turn and hold it on full lock for 10secs then turn wheel and repeat on other side, ya might be lucky if it's just air if it is still the same get it checked out at a garage.. if ya dont want your car to judder at low revs use a lower gear..or get it remapped if you like to use a higher gear when you can

steve

SR Performance

hi mate not be rude, but the judder is nothing like being in wrong gear. I forgot to mention new rack, pump fitted and new aux belt and modified tensioner. as far as steering noise goes. My car is remapped 184bhp proven so aint none of those things. Sorry my faulty for not given enough detail any other ideas??

when does the steering make the noise, ie: all the time , when turning left and right or when turning left at slow speeds

after car warms up a little get a noise from engine at which point if you turn steering with no revvs sounds like its going to fall apart, lol:confused:

Difficult without seeing car , but if noise is from engine bay area around the alternator / Power steering belt , i would suspect the alternator pully .

hi mate not be rude, but the judder is nothing like being in wrong gear. I forgot to mention new rack, pump fitted and new aux belt and modified tensioner. as far as steering noise goes. My car is remapped 184bhp proven so aint none of those things. Sorry my faulty for not given enough detail any other ideas??

your remapp is basically rubbish! sorry to be harsh,i had same problem and i know what your going through,ive been there,the guy then remapped mine with a different file and car was mint...you got a dodgy remapped file on your car.