Integra DC5 Type R

sitas3

Since my original posting above, I've had a good look around, and you're right they seem to get very good reviews. However maybe it is worth spending a few K more and getting an FD2 JDM Civic. I had a drive for an hour last Saturday in 996TTJohn's and it was really very very good - even in 2 degrees temps with those RE070 tyres- I could live with that hard suspension as well I think.

Watch this space!

The FD2 would be my choice too. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet. If you're planning on road use, apparently the tyres are the sticking point in the harshness, get them off for something with slightly softer sidewalls and all is apparently good. If it's just a track toy, then out of the box should prove awesome. +++

If you fancied something slightly different, the supercharged EP3 I was going to buy is available again. This would make a fantastic track day toy IMO, it's ballistic on the road.

See Honda : SUPERCHARGED Civic Type-R 30th Anniversary

Since my original posting above, I've had a good look around, and you're right they seem to get very good reviews. However maybe it is worth spending a few K more and getting an FD2 JDM Civic. I had a drive for an hour last Saturday in 996TTJohn's and it was really very very good - even in 2 degrees temps with those RE070 tyres- I could live with that hard suspension as well I think.

Watch this space!

Very nearly went for one of these right up to the point where I was working out how much the plane ticket up to Dicksons of Perth was as they had loads of 'em, from the pre-facelift DC5 right up to mint new facelift ones.

It was gonna be a second car for weekends but as I eventually decided I only wanted just the one car for all occasions, in the end went for the RS6 plus.

I do still however hanker after one of these and can see myself in one, one day. I just love 'em and would love to drive one. I think if the '6 blows up or suffers a catastrophic failure of some kind, I'll get one of these!

Last night - and you tell us this with no pictures???

some folks, i tell you........ Tease.

LOL I know - my phone cam is crap and I'm working away at the moment. I'll see if I can get any from the advert.

First Vtech engined car i've had and the car is just mental past 6k revs in vtech mode! The suspension is on the fast road setting at the moment and is mega hard so need to back this off a bit if I want my fillings to remain in place! can't really believe how well this car handles for a 4 door saloon.

:grin: congrats - I've seen Jon's a few times and it looks/sounds like a real weapon +++

John's is slightly modded (exhaust/cat removal/headers etc etc) in the usual John fashion. He's waiting to drive mine so he can decide on the AST suspension.

Iain Litchfield who imports them and where I bought mine from reckons they are 'the best out of the box' cars he's ever imported. Considering he imports the special scoobies/Nissans/GTRs etc that's not bad IMO.