Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiernanalan

Sound deadener/engine guard thingy

5 posts in this topic

Hello, just bougt gt tdi 2002 150 model and went over a speed bump too fast!

There is a plastic type shet of metal that covers the bottom of the front of the car- think its called Sound deadener/engine guard. A small hole now in it and clips/screws off- mechanic will bolt it into place for me but want to replace it- what is its exact name and how can I get it fairly cheap- 190 euro plus VAT at 20% for a piece of plastic not my idea of value. Any help appreciated.

Alan

Yes it's called a sound deadener and the part number for the 150 engine is 1J0 825 236 G, whigh reads as a different one to all the other tdi engines. Most likely due to the fact that it has the front mount intercooler. The other models part number is 1J0 825 237 M

190 Euros sounds expensive. I paid £60 for mine when the wife trashed ours. The sump however cost more than that. :rolleyes:

Mine came loose, and I had to stop on the motorway hardshoulder and wait for a nice RAC man to remove it all!

Never got round to replacing it though. :rolleyes:

Yep, mines got about 4 bodged repairs (B&Q steel angle clips and self tappers) on it where speed humps have attacked it. Should replace mine too.

I went to replace mine a couple of months ago

£70 for the tray abd £27 for each side

The screws were cheap at 19p each

you will also need the speednuts that connect the whole lot together